Women's sexual preferences naturally change over time. Highs and lows are frequently associated with the start or end of a relationship, as well as major life transitions such as pregnancy, menopause, or disease. Some mood-disorder drugs might also cause reduced sex drive in women.
Let’s take a look at this scenario: Your partner is in the mood, maybe they even tried to set the atmosphere by dimming the lights, making a romantic candlelight dinner, or putting on your favorite music. You love your partner very much…
…but you’re just not in the mood.
In fact, you have found that you aren’t in the mood a lot lately.
If this scenario happens all too often, you may be experiencing low libido in women, a condition that results in a decreased sex drive and disinterest in intercourse or foreplay.
The desire for sex is based on a complex interaction of many things affecting intimacy, including physical and emotional well-being, experiences, beliefs, lifestyle, and your current relationship. If you're experiencing a problem in any of these areas, it can affect your desire for sex.
If your lack of interest in sex persists or returns and causes you personal anguish, you may have sexual interest/arousal dysfunction. However, you do not have to fit this medical criterion to seek assistance. If you're disturbed by a lack of or a decline in sexual desire, there are lifestyle adjustments and sexual techniques that can help you get in the mood more frequently. Some drugs may also have promise.
What Is Sex drive or Libido?
Your sex drive or libido is your sexual urge, desire, or appetite. Some sex therapists and sexual health professionals distinguish between two types of sexual desire:
Spontaneous desire: This is the type of sex drive that most people identify with in hormonal teenagers and early 20s. That sudden yearning for sex seems to wash over you out of nowhere. You know... being horny.
In spontaneous desire, you first think, "I want sex," and then you take action to get it (whether that's opening up a dating app and looking for someone new, or putting the moves on your partner who's sitting next to you on the couch), and finally, when you've had enough, you stop thinking about it.
Some women do not have this type of urge after their twenties and thirties. Some women experience no spontaneous desire at all. They only ever experience the other form of want.
Responsive desire: As the name implies, this type of desire emerges in reaction to some external stimulation. It occurs when you become sexually attracted to someone while reading an erotic narrative, watching a sensual movie, or feeling their touch. Arousal comes first in this one, followed by the desire for sex and the pursuit of it.
When you're in a relationship and you can't keep your hands off each other... It's normal for that to endure anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. As a result, when it ends, people miss it and may wonder, 'Oh my gosh, what's wrong with me?'
Reasons Why Women May Be Experiencing Low Libido
The following are major reasons why women may be experiencing low libido. They include:
1. Difficulty with sexual issues
If you’ve had difficulty reaching orgasm, or have painful sex, this can put a damper on your desire. As a result, you may have a decreased interest in intercourse.
2. Physical illnesses
If you have certain medical conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, cancer, or neurological diseases, your libido can be negatively affected.
If you’re on an antidepressant, you may find your libido lacking.
When you’re caring for children, aging parents, or just having a hectic week, your libido can take a dive. In addition, stress can be a major contributor to fatigue. If you’re having trouble with fatigue, we urge you to schedule an appointment with us because fatigue can also be a symptom of certain medical conditions.
5. Hormonal Changes
Menopause or other changes in hormones can directly affect how interested you are in sex. These changes may also transform vaginal tissue, making it thinner and drier. The result is intercourse that is uncomfortable or even painful. Those who have entered menopause, when the levels of estrogen are reduced, are particularly at risk for low libido.
6. Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Your body undergoes a lot of hormonal changes when you’re pregnant and breastfeeding. There are several contributors to low libido during this time, including changes in body image, fatigue, and the challenges of caring for a new baby.
7. Anxiety or Depression
Psychological issues play a role in low libido. In fact, experiencing any of the following can put a damper on your sex life:
- Mental health issues, including generalized anxiety disorder or clinical depression.
- Stress, either from work or challenges at home
- Anxiety caused by poor body image or low self-esteem
- Previous negative sexual experiences
- A history of sexual or emotional abuse
8. Relationship Issues
Sometimes, conflicts with your partner can make their way into the bedroom. Every couple has periods of difficulty and challenges. There may be trust issues or it could be that your partner simply doesn’t understand what gives you pleasure.
In this case, communication is the key to resolving the issue. Emotional intimacy is, in many ways, just as important as sexual intimacy. If you have ongoing conflicts that you can’t resolve, you may want to consider couples therapy through a licensed psychologist.
9. Psychological causes
Your state of mind can affect your sexual desire. There are many psychological causes of low sex drive, including:
- Mental health problems, such as anxiety or depression
- Stress, such as financial stress or work stress
- Poor body image
- Low self-esteem
- History of physical or sexual abuse
- Previous negative sexual experiences
Is it Normal to have a low Sex Drive?
Everyone's sexual desire fluctuates. There are numerous elements that impact how interested or not we are in sex. This can include more work-related stress, interpersonal troubles, hormone changes, or even pregnancy. All of these factors can influence how interested you are in sex.
However, if your lack of interest in sex is causing you grief or strain in your relationship, you should make an appointment with us to discuss how we may help you with your low libido. This is a somewhat frequent condition. Approximately 40% of American women have sexual function issues, with the most prevalent sexual issue being a lack of interest in sex.
How Frequently Should Couples Have Sex?
Sex and intimacy are essential components of any relationship. However, there is no hard and fast rule about how frequently couples should have sex, and frequency can sometimes vary depending on a variety of reasons. It's crucial to recognize that diminished sex interest might be caused by hormonal changes, stress, or even depression. If you notice these visit here to discover how to increase your sex drive and have satisfying sex.
How Is Low Libido Treated in Women?
Treatment for low libido in women is determined by the underlying cause. First, you have to visit a Doctor that will perform a pelvic exam to rule out any issues that could be causing low libido. Hormone replacement treatment.
Other recommendations include:
- Examining your medications and perhaps making changes if necessary
- Consultation with a sex therapist or counselor
- Strictly Organic Medications that boost female sex drive
- Limiting your alcohol consumption.
- Avoid using illegal drugs, as they can have an impact on your sexual drive.
Some symptoms of low sex drive in women
If you desire to have sex less frequently than your spouse, neither of you is necessarily out of the ordinary— though your differences may cause unhappiness.
Similarly, even if your sex drive has waned, your connection may be stronger than ever. In the end, there is no magic number that defines poor sex drive. It differs between women.
Symptoms of low sex drive in women include:
- Having no interest in any type of sexual activity, including masturbation
- Never or only seldom having sexual fantasies or thoughts
- Being concerned by your lack of sexual activity or fantasies
Solutions to low sex drive in women:
Fortunately, low sexual drive in women can be effectively managed and cured if one follows the right approach. Some of these can help improve female sex drive.
- Exercise. Regular aerobic exercise and strength training can increase your stamina, improve your body image, lift your mood and boost your libido.
- Avoid too much Stress
- Communicate with your partner
- Set aside time for intimacy (A missing factor in most relationships)
- Add a little spice to your sex life
- Ditch bad habits.( excessive achohol intake, and smoking)
- Use of Organic boosters/medications
- The use of natural libido boosters for women like Ginseng, L-arginine, ginkgo Biloba, and maca are just a few of the compounds that have been examined for their capacity to boost female libido and sexual performance. When combined with a healthy lifestyle, certain therapies such as yoga and acupuncture may be useful.
A great option that is a natural stimulator of female libido is Femin Plus.
What is Femin Plus?
Femin Plus is a 100% natural food supplement designed to help women increase their libido. It’s a sex enhancement supplement that can help women improve their sexual performance, urges, and stamina. It’s made from a combination of botanical extracts that help to improve reproductive health without generating any negative side effects. This natural supplement has been properly evaluated by a large number of women worldwide.
Composition of Femin Plus:
It is made up of a high-quality blend of herbs, like Ginseng root extracts, fenugreek seed extracts, maca root extract, aphrodisiacs, and nutrients that are beneficial to boost female libido. It helps to replenish nutritional deficiencies and stabilize the functioning of the hormonal system, minimizing the negative impact of stress, malnutrition, and lack of physical activity. In addition, it helps hot flushes to be avoided and eliminates menstruation pain.
How does Femin Plus Work?
Femin Plus is a unique natural component blend that regulates the body's functioning. The capsule's function is considerably different from that of other probable libido enhancers. The components in the capsules have the power to improve hydration, the sensitivity of the vaginal organs, and sexual arousal allowing women to have satisfying sex and experience fantastic orgasms.
It not only eliminates the negative effects of high stress, exhaustion, and vitamin shortage, but it also controls the endocrine system, accelerates energy, improves mood, and stimulates blood circulation. It is the most potent libido booster system available today. Click here to order.
The fundamental function of Femin Plus is the slow but persistent use of the female endocrine system to demonstrate its efficacy.
Experts underline the many Benefits of using Femin Plus as listed below:
- It is 100% Organic composition,
- Has recorded no side effects from its use
- it has a positive effect on mood,
- Reduces mood swings during menstruation.
- Femin Plus increases the desire for sex in women
- Accelerates the achievement of arousal
- Improves viginal lubrication
- Improves blood circulation and sensitivity to touch
- Femin Plus allows fantastic orgasms to be enjoyed
Femin plus delivery schedule:
Once an order is placed customers are guaranteed of fast delivery within 3-5 working days
Means of delivery is via mail or courier service.
Pros of Femin Plus:
The following are the pros of Femin Plus
- It is a powerful sex-promoting supplement for women, helping them achieve high-quality service, cravings, and an intense body.
- It is made of 100% organic ingredients; So it does not harm the health of consumers.
- It is manufactured by a reliable company that produces safe and strong dietary supplements.
- No known allergy has been reported from the use of Femin Plus
Cons of using Femin Plus
The following are the cons of Femin Plus
- Pregnant or lactating (Breastfeeding) women cannot consume this product.
- The product is cannot be purchased at pharmacies, and can only be purchased from the official website
Sex life affects our everyday life. Both psychologists and sexologists emphasize its key role in our sense of satisfaction and happiness. If you are bored in the bedroom or your sex life has disappeared, it affects other areas of everyday life. Sex, in addition to being pleasant, is also healthy! Don’t deprive yourself of all these advantages! Every woman deserves satisfying sex. Click here to find out more.
About the Creator
Lifeguard is a nutritionist and health coach, who loves to inspire others to live healthier through my content aimed at improving overall health and wellness. Click here to find the best FDA-approved health and wellness products.