- You may know him as Mr. Mojo Risin, the psychedelic rock god of The Doors or you may know him as just a disturbing and strange artist who joined the famed 27 Club with his death on July 3, 1971. Both accounts would be true. Love him or hate him, James Douglas Morrison created a counter culture movement of rage that filled the 60s in stark opposition to the positive message of love from contemporaries John Lennon. Instead, Morrison tapped into the collective conscious of a generation enraged and disturbed by its wars and conspiracies and failures. Its betrayals.
- When it comes to writing, words usually come pretty easy. As true as this statement may be everyone gets hit with cinder blocks that may prevent them from creating a masterpiece.
- how does one describe
- How would it feel to float
- Readers discretion please be advised - This poem's nature and language might cause upset or trigger.
Only the ClassicsThe roots from which poetry as we know it has flourished. Taking you back to the classical era, one stanza at a time.
Life as a Poet Knows ItIndustry tips for new poets. Welcome to the Poets family.
America in VerseOne Nation, United by Poetry. Exploring the United States of America through word.
- straighten the spine
- Day three on the farm. Or maybe day four. Pretty quickly you stopped counting, because it doesn't really matter. You're picking gooseberries again. The scratches from the thorns are like badges of honor, or perhaps they are the start of a sentence that might reveal some deeper truth to you one day, if you dig deeply enough-- and repeatedly-- into the momentarily painful bramble at the center of the bush: where the fruit still somehow flourishes, right at its heart.
- Life is beautiful, just like the Bougainvillea flower. Simple, full of life, bright colors, never alone, always with company. We do not need to have a lot to enjoy being alive.