Most recently published stories in Poets.
When I Held Your Hand
Was a chilly evening in November, night after Thanksgiving. I took you out for a celebration of Dickens on Main Street. Traffic was bad, parking even moreso, so far away we had to light.
Sea of Loneliness
12. Sea of Loneliness Time has come to shed those tears. A gateway to a world filled with endless pain with only glimpses of happiness every now and again.
10. Tragic Endings Accident on accident, Tragedy to tragedy, The ache in my head grows stronger with every thought I think
Compressing & Decompressing
9. Compressing & Decompressing I don't know how to feel around you The simplest things become harder to do, I feel the need to express my emotions to you
A Broken Home
11. A Broken Home You live in a broken home, a place that no one wants to be I've only been there a few times and it's uncomfortable even for me
Bonded For Life
7. Bonded for Life If a bond is nothing more than a mere connection then why does it feel like I've known you all my life?
Three Reasons Why
8. Three Reasons Why There are three reasons why... Three reasons why at night I clutch my pillow tight and cry.
A nursing conference virtually
Virtual nursing conference: To Zoom or not to Zoom.... That is the question to ponder, Murphey's Law will occur? Who knows.
I'm scared Scared to ask to ask this girl this question i have I'm afraid she will say no to what i want to ask
The Essence of a Burning Flame
3. The Essence of a Burning Flame Have you ever lit a match? Flicked a lighter? Did you realize how beautiful fire is? A bright flame with intense colors. It has the power to give and to take. It's powerful yet lonely.
5. Drift Away From a child's hand to the open clear blue sky I float effortlessly, for I am lighter than air itself. I drift off into a vast new world, one for which I have never seen before. There are white puffy veils of clouds that address me upon my arrival. The bright sun is blinding but it feels good on me. There are tall trees that cover a large amount of space with their green. I can see life from a different angle. I am free, no longer tied down to the pull of another. As I sail along I notice the world below me. Bodies of water swaying from shore to shore, little ants that remind me of the one who I was tied to. There is so much to see in this spacious world of ours.
An Open Book
4. An Open Book Vulnerable, but only to you. You know everything about me from my first crush to my first time. You know all of my secrets, but I know you'd never tell. I know you'd never betray me.