Dare to DREAM BIG
'You are a cosmic flower. Om chanting is the process of opening the psychic petals of that flower'. - Amit Ray.
There are thousands of years of meditation teachings already in print so I will not go into a whole course on the subject here. There are as many ways to meditate as there are people. The key is to know what your intention is. In this case it is to release all attachment and identification with the limiting thoughts and feelings and re-connect with your true-self, or god - the higher power. Every bit of work you do toward cultivating the inner conditions is making an investment. Be patient. Be kind to yourself. And create a consistent daily practice. Sooner or later – but with certainty – the law of emergence will become activate and you will start reaping a bountiful harvest.
It may well be that you are familiar with this wonderful and inspiring practice, in this case I urge you to incorporate it into your daily ritual as is. Should the contrary be the case and you are not at all familiar with this art of opening up to the universal essence or are even quite apprehensive in face of it, I hope that after this very short introduction you will have gained some insight and trust and will be willing to give it a try. A lot has been written in praise of this unique spa for the soul practice and it is worth your while to deepen your knowledge in this matter, should you choose to. For the purpose of our task at hand I will nevertheless attempt to keep the theory part of it as brief and concise as possible.
“Each of us has an innate ability to slow our mind and body, disconnect from activity, and visit the depths of our unconditioned self. We are gifted with the aptitude to experience our very soul and go beyond time and space to transcend this earthly plane of existence and then bring a little piece of tranquil one-ness back into this realm, allowing us to be happier, more compassionate, more forgiving, more creative, more intuitive, and more connected to who we are and the divinity that rests within each of us.” - DavidJi.
Meditation is a method of connecting to the stillness and silence within. It allows us to reach a state of expanded awareness, and heightened emotional clarity. Time spent in stillness and silence will open up our heart to the true depths of our universal essence. Accessing this depth of pure unbounded consciousness on a regular basis allows us to see and feel the world with an ever expanding openness, greater clarity and a heightened connection to source. When practised regularly we genuinely reach a state of realization known as 'I am the universe'. In other words, recognizing we are not in or of this world but rather the whole world is within us.
At this point we slowly begin to integrate that mind set into our words, our thoughts and our deeds. Once this is truly how we feel, we will effortlessly tap into the limitless supply of what the universe has to offer us – a wellspring of effortless abundance. An unfolding of deeper fulfillment and a sweeter more loving world in which we can walk through with greater grace and ease. The gentle drifting from outside ourselves to inside and then back out again is one of the most magnificent in human experiences. As our thoughts, our breath and our physiology slow and progressively quiet to more subtle expressions, our awareness will expand – at first during meditation and then in our life outside of meditation, which in turn will awaken a world of infinite possibilities in every moment.
Many schools, teachings and types of meditation abound. I encourage you to explore this world should you feel drawn to the subject and to experiment the different aspects and modalities of it in order to find your personal favourite. For the time being I will be providing you with a rudimentary outline of a meditation practice which will hopefully guide you to embrace the life changing benefits this tool has to offer based on my experiences in this field. The meditation ritual I chose for this purpose is one which is based on a combination of the three following types -
- 'Mindfulness Meditation;' When practising this type of meditation, we bring to our awareness all the experiences of the present moment – thoughts, sounds, physical sensations, our breath – whatever our attention attracts in the moment. We are coming into the present moment, not the past, not the future but the present – where we ultimately become the silent witness – witnessing ourselves in every moment.
- The 'Breath Awareness Meditation' Breath, which exists on all planes of manifestation, is the connecting link between matter & energy on the one hand and consciousness & mind on the other. By sitting with closed eyes and letting the mind become easily and fully absorbed in observing and experiencing the movements of the breath we enter into the consciousness from which it arises – the eternal witness consciousness. We start with the awareness of the ordinary physical breath, but that awareness, when cultivated correctly, leads us into a higher awareness which enables us to perceive the subtle movement behind the breath. Ultimately, we come into contact with the breather of the breath – our own spirit self. Breath meditation basically consists of being aware – in a relaxed and effortless manner – of your breath as it moves in and out of the tip of your nose.
- The 'Kundalini Meditation'is a dynamic, powerful tool designed to give you an experience of your soul. "Kundalini unites the finite with infinity, and it's the art to experience infinity in the finite. In Kundalini the most important thing is your experience. It goes right to your heart. No words can replace your experience. Your mind may accept the words or it may not, but your consciousness will not accept just words." In Kundalini we harness the mental, physical and nervous energies of the body and put them under the domain of the will – which is the instrument of the soul. This process precisely and consciously combines breath, mudra, eye-focus, mantra, body locks and postures to balance the glandular system, strengthen the nervous system, expand lung capacity and purify the blood. It brings balance to the body, mind and soul.
'Through his thoughts, man holds the key to every situation and contains within himself that transforming and regenerative agency by which, he may make himself what he wills'. - James Allen.
the SOUND of TRUTH
Mantras - means Instruments of the Mind and are as such sounds, certain utterances or syllables. Modern science sees our whole existence as reverberations of energy, in different levels of vibrations. Where there is a vibration, there is bound to be a sound. Which in turn means – the whole existence is to some extent a complex amalgamation of sounds. In other words, our whole existence can be seen, as an amalgamation of multiple mantras. Of these, a few mantras – or a few sounds – have been identified, which serve as key-notes. These, when used in a certain way, become a tool to open up into a different dimension of life and an experience of transformation within. During meditation words or sounds are repeated throughout to help focus the mind. Mantras help us disconnect from the stream of thoughts constantly flowing through our minds. Some mantras are extremely powerful in that they will catapult you into a state of manifestation – your thoughts will literally accelerate into being, as the energy within the mantra stops any negative thought pattern in its tracks and reverses it into the positive form.
Preparation For Meditation
Meditating is much simpler than we make it out to be. Beginning a meditation practice requires only your slight willingness. Your desire to experience something new is all you need to get on this new path. When you first start your meditation practice, you may feel awkward or even uncomfortable. That is totally understandable. You do not have to be an instant expert to reap the benefits of meditation. Ordinary or annoying thoughts will still rumble through your mind, but try to let them pass. In 'Mindfulness Meditation', teachers often advise us to detach from those thoughts by seeing them as clouds floating into and out of your mind. The more you practice meditation the better you will become at it. With that in mind we will set the intention to begin your practice now.
First Guideline – Intention:Affirm this statement out loud to yourself - 'I am now open to meditation, and I welcome this new practice into my life'. This simple statement will give you all the energy and enthusiasm you need to begin your practice.Second Guideline – Space:Although meditation can and should be practised absolutely anywhere and everywhere it is very much recommended at least for the initiation stage of this practice to create a space in your home that is quiet, uncluttered and serene, a sacred space of sorts, if you will.Third Guideline – Time: Commit to ten minutes a day. You really do not need more than that. However, be consistent and follow it for at least three consecutive weeks.Fourth Guideline – Position: Lying down, preform the following muscle relax procedure – starting with your toes and slowly moving up your legs, through your middle section and upper body, your arms and fingers and finally your shoulders, neck and facial muscles tense and relax alternately each separate body part. Give each and every body part independent attention as you get along. Sit comfortably crossed legged, preferably on the floor.
Your Daily Meditation Ritual
Step One – Breathing:Breathe in through your nose while counting to five as you slowly inhale, hold your breath while counting to five, release through your mouth while counting to five as you slowly exhale. Hold for five seconds – count to five before taking the next breath. Repeat three full times. Step Two – 'Sat Nam'Lightly close your eyes and focus on the space between your eyebrows –which is the third eye point. The mantra you will be repeating is ‘Sat Nam' which means - truth identified. The Mudra – which is the hand position is as follows - place the four fingers of your right hand on your left wrist and feel your pulse. The fingers are in a straight line, lightly pressed on the wrist so you can feel your pulse in each fingertip. On each breath of your pulse, mentally hear the sound of Sat Nam. Remain in this position for at least two minutes.Step Three – Peace Begins With MeGently press your thumb against your index finger, then against your middle finger, then against your ring finger, then against your pinkie finger. Repeating the following - when you touch your index finger, say -peace. When you touch your middle finger, say - begins. When you touch your ring finger, say - with. When you touch your pinkie finger, say - me. Breathe deeply as you say each word. You may go as slow or as fast as you would like.Step Four – RecitingBreath in and repeat - 'I love life'. Breath out and repeat - 'I am supported'. Repeat three times, allowing it to sink in and soak your soul.Step Five – Self Love AffirmationRecite the following very powerful *affirmation - “Deep at the centre of my being there is an infinite well of love. I now allow this love to flow to the surface. It fills my heart, my body, my mind, my consciousness, my very being, and radiates out from me in all directions and returns to me multiplied. The more love I use and give, the more I have to give, the supply is endless. The use of love makes me feel good, it is an expression of my inner joy. I love myself therefore, I take loving care of my body. I lovingly feed it nourishing foods and beverages. I lovingly groom it and dress it, and my body lovingly responds to me with vibrant health and energy. I love myself therefore, I provide for myself a comfortable home, one that fills all my needs and is a pleasure to be in. I fill the rooms with the vibration of love so that all who enter, myself included, will feel this love and be nourished by it. I love myself therefore, I work at a job that I truly enjoy doing, one that uses my creative talents and abilities, working with people that I love and that love me, and earning a good income. I love myself therefore, I behave and think in a loving way to all people for I know that that which I give out returns to me multiplied. I only attract loving people in my world for they are a mirror of what I am. I love myself therefore, I forgive and totally release the past and all past experiences and I am free. I love myself therefore, I live totally in the now, experiencing each moment as good and knowing that my future is bright, and joyous, and secure. For I am a beloved child of the universe and the universe lovingly takes care of me now and forever more.” And so it is!Step Six – IntentionSet an intention for the rest of your day. For example - 'I choose to carry this peace with me, through the rest of my day'.Step Seven – GroundingWhen you end your meditation it is most important to ground yourself in order to let your body slowly recalibrate itself. Very slowly stand with both feet flat on the floor and imagine the energy from the core of the earth starting to flow through the soles of your feet up your legs and slowly all the way up your body filling you with love. Have a glass of water or drink some tea. Doing that, will get you back into your body before going on with your daily routine. You are done.
The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them'. - Antoine de Saint Exupéry.
WORDS of POWER
An Affirmation is a positive statement that declares what we desire as of now exists for us, that it is as such already so. Affirmations are one of the most powerful tools for creating and bringing into reality that which we envision in our mind's eye. Using affirmations allows us to replace negative thought patterns in the subconscious mind which are of limiting nature and hold us back from evolving into that which we are designed to be with positive concepts – a process, when applied transform our world and experiences undeniably fast. However, when exercising the above it is very important to achieve the feeling that the desired is already existing for us now – this very moment – even if our eyes do not see it as such. In doing so we expedite the process of manifestation even more. The condition or desired thing will then manifest in a very short period of time. One way to achieve this feeling of belief, is to repeat an affirmation until the subconscious is impregnated with this new idea. The mind will then compulsively create and attract circumstances people and conditions to ensure its fulfillment. The path for magic to occur will have been paved.
I will be presenting you here with a few of my favourite affirmations from which you may choose the one that feels right for you at this time.I accept Prosperity as my divine right.I accept well-being as my divine right.I accept love as my divine right.Every day in every way I am growing more and more financially prosperous now.Infinite intelligence leads guides and directs me in all ways.I am the rich child of a loving universe so I dare prosper now.Infinite intelligence opens the way for my well-being now.Infinite intelligence opens the way for my financial abundance now.I am receiving. I am receiving now. I am receiving all the wealth the universe offers me now.I am receiving. I am receiving now. I am receiving all the love the universe has to offer me now.Infinite intelligence is the source of my supply and there is always a divine surplus. Love now flows into my life easily and effortlessly. Wealth now flows into my life easily and effortlessly. Well-being now flows into my life easily and effortlessly.
You may choose an affirmation which you find resonates most with you, rings familiar in your ears and feels comfortable in your heart. As you go over this wonderful affirmation collection, do take your time and read each and every one of them aloud a few times over – in order to find the right one for you. This chosen one will be yours to rewrite once daily for the next weeks till you come to the intuitive decision it is time for a new one. At which time you would want to come back to this collection and pick your next choice. This affirmation you have picked, you should be hand writing Twenty-Five times over every day in your journal. Granted, this may seem a very tedious task to begin with. However, the merits of this repetitive process are immense – do take my word on it. Therefore, do not discourage, as you may also well find it may bring with it – as with many other meditative endeavours – a daily sense of inner calm and peace of mind, as an added benefit. One more piece of advice - if you are new to the practice of using affirmations I strongly suggest you keep it in the original form and do not attempt to rewrite it in your own words, or attempt to make any other changes. Let it work for you best as is, for about a week or two before you move to the next phase and create your very own personal affirmation.
When it comes to Forming Your Own Affirmations the following specifics should apply in order for them to be effective -
- First Rule – Present TenseAffirmations should always be stated in the present tense, not the future. Remember that what you project into the future will stay in the future. Whatever you accept in the present is as such already in the process of manifesting itself for you. An example for the correct form would be - 'I am now attracting new channels of income'. An example for an incorrect form would be - 'I will attract new channels of income'.
- Second Rule – The Positive FormFurthermore, your affirmations should always be formulated in the positive form. You are to state your desire and not that which you do not wish. Remember, the subconscious mind responds to the dominant thought pattern. Hence, take care in phrasing your affirmation so as not to include a dominate form which is the very thing you wish to avoid or eliminate. An example for the correct form would be - 'I now have a wonderful relationship with... ' . An example for an incorrect form would be - 'I no longer have conflicts with...’.
- Third Rule – First PersonAlmost without exception, all of the teachers and authors who promote the use of affirmations advocate stating the affirmations in the first person. Hence, the I am form. This has a very deep spiritual foundation as I am represents our god-self, our higher-self, our highest consciousness. In the original language of the Bible god is - I am! Therefore, anything we attach to I am becomes a part of our consciousness.
- Fourth Rule – EmotionAffirmations should be short and simple and ideally should create a feeling of belief – the more emotions are involved the stronger the impression on the mind. Take some time in phrasing your own affirmation – play with it till it rings your bell and evokes a positive and comprehensible possible emotion. The more truthful the statement feels to you the less resistance will be created subconsciously and in turn the results will take place fast.
And finally – as a general rule – it is best to keep the content modest at first while gradually adding more and more into it as you gain on trust and acceptance. The subconscious mind resists change as we know from hard to break habits. However, do not be alarmed as it is possible to experience resistance when first using an affirmation, especially when appearances are contrary to your statements. Under no circumstances attempt to use force in order to influence the subconscious mind. If your desired result is strongly contradictory to outer appearances or creates resistance, opt for a gentler approach by affirming in the following manner -
‘Every day I am growing more and more prosperous’.'Every day in every way I am becoming more and more loved’.‘I am becoming healthier everyday now’. ‘Every day new avenues for relationships open up for me’.‘Every day in every way I feel happier and happier’.As opposed to - 'I am healthy!''I am rich!''I am happy!'
After a certain period of time you will be able to rephrase the above back into the I am form, which is in itself a very strong and therefore effective form but only as far as you find yourself over the hill with regard to the objections, arguments and resistance presented to you on behalf of your subconscious mind. With patience and gentle persuasion these will subside normally during the second week to the third into the practice depending on personal circumstances.
Affirmations of Gratitude
One of the most effective ways to use affirmations is to phrase them from a standpoint of gratitude. An Attitude of Gratitude and the appreciation for the gifts we receive from the universe open the channels for more good to be received. When we receive a gift of any kind, we immediately feel grateful. The same here, by repeating an affirmation of gratitude we are actually giving thanks for gifts we have already received. Since the subconscious responds to that which is happening now, when we give thanks we acknowledge that we are receiving our good now and we are grateful for it. The importance of feeling that which we are desiring is already here and now cannot be stressed enough. Gratitude in our affirmations brings our consciousness to that level. Here are a few examples of Gratitude Affirmations -
‘I give thanks for the quick and substantial increase in my financial income now easily and effortlessly’.‘I give thanks for the immediate and complete healing taking place in my body now, in peace and harmony’.‘I give thanks for all the love flowing into my life now, in abundance and in grace’.And my personal most preferred one -'I give thanks that this, or something better is in the divine flow of my life, and is manifesting perfectly for me now, according to the Divine will of the Universe'.In light of all of the above it goes without saying that, I more than highly recommend considering the use a gratitude affirmation even if not as your first choice, at least as a reconsideration in a few weeks’ time, as they do have a power to them like no other. And last but not least, it is also worth mentioning – as depicted above – since you will be writing down your affirmation twenty-five times daily, do attempt to have it done all at one sitting. Take your time to really sink into the act of writing. You may go on doing so as long as you wish of course but keep at it for at least three weeks in a row. On top of that – but not instead of – you may want to add one or more from these suggestions as to enhance the process -
- Recite ItRecite it aloud for at least five to ten minutes per day, in which case you may choose to have it done several times a day, for only a few minutes at a time. You may also choose to recite it silently, especially when you are not alone. In this case, the more the better. You will find that it may serve you well whenever a negative thought enters your mind. For the purpose of neutralizing a negative thought or appearance, I advise you to prepare a shorter version of the original positive statement, in order to facilitate this procedure. For example - 'God is the source of my supply and all of my financial needs are met now' - as the main Affirmation. And, 'God is the source of my supply' - as the short version of it. With that in mind keep it to one affirmation at a time for the first few weeks at least. Later as you gain more confidence and faith in the process – should you feel inclined to use more than one affirmation at the same time – you may do so as long as you make sure their content does not conflict with each other in any way.
- Move with ItAnother effective idea for using your affirmation is doing so while exercising, jogging, taking a walk or driving, using the rhythm of the movement to give it some extra power. In Alpha Mode,it's most effective to recite them direct upon wakening in the morning and right before falling asleep at night while we are in the alpha state. In this state the subconscious mind is most receptive to suggestion, which makes it an excellent time for affirming.
- Record ItAnother method is repeating your affirmation into a voice recorder to be played at any convenient time. Some experts on the subject say that listening to the affirmations recorded in your own voice makes them even more effective. One of the best ways to repeat the affirmations is in front of a mirror, looking into your own eyes. Doing so you may want to address yourself either in the first person as - I am or talk to yourself in the third form as -you are. You may even want to pursue it with the method of using your first name instead. It does need a little of getting used to but is certainly worth experimenting with.
- Sing ItThis one is my personal choice. Picking up any favourite song will do the trick, as long as it has some good feeling attached to it. Nursery rimes are also a very compatible form for that matter. The results are nothing short of magical!
With all that in mind, try not to overdo it. At least not all of it at once. You may experiment with it in order to find out which method of use better fits your lifestyle and temperament but by all means try to keep it simple at least as you are just starting out. Once you become expert at demonstrating results from your affirmations, you will be able to comfortably expand the use of the many facets of it. And finally, when it comes to defining when to stop using a particular affirmation, you will soon enough discover your intuition will guide you to it in due time. You will be using the affirmation to replace the negative thought pattern in the subconscious. As you apply yourself to this process using the affirmation as outlined, the result may come quickly, even during the process of applying it. Or alternately, you will arrive at a point where you are no longer aware of the negative idea because it has been replaced with a new idea. Doubt, worry and fear are gone and in their place is a sense of peace about the matter. You may not see the tangible result yet, but something inside tells you it is there – that it is accomplished and you will no longer feel the need to use the affirmation or any other given process on this specific issue. That sense of peace is your signal that your subconscious has accepted your desire and the physical tangible evidence is on its way to you, now. You will be drawn to it or, it will be drawn to you. When you first see your physical goal realized in this manner, it will seem like magic, but you will then have a full realization of your relationship to universal mind. You will have understood how your thought creates substance and every time you experience this, your confidence will grow and your life will never be the same again.
'The average mind requires a change of environment before he can change his thought. He has to go somewhere or bring into his presence something that will suggest a new line of thinking and feeling. The master mind, however, can change his thought whenever he so desires. A change of scene is not necessary, because such a mind is not controlled from without. A change of scene will not produce a change of thought in the master mind unless he so elects'. - Christian D. Larson
The Art of Creative Visualization
Visualization – is the art of creating powerful mental pictures, what is otherwise called as seeing with the mind's eye. It is simply the ability to see or sense images in your mind – images of the things you desire, the life you want to lead, or the relationships you want in your life. Actually, it is very similar to daydreaming but with a crucial difference. Daydreaming is casual and random while visualisation is structured and directed. Different people visualise in different ways. Some see mental images as if they are watching a film, while others sense images rather than see them. Yet, some sense and see the images at the same time. It really does not matter how you visualize as long as you are able to present images to your subconscious mind. Very rarely, a person may have difficulty in visualizing. Should you fall into that category, proceed with the following Visualization Exercises prior to moving ahead - These exercises will assist you if you have found it difficult to visualize spontaneously or were unable to take full advantage of creative visualization as an effective tool, up until now. Be patient. These visualisation exercises will bear fruit if you are regular with them. First, decide whether you really need the exercises. If you are a frequent day-dreamer like me, you will find visualization easy. If not, go ahead with these exercises. What's more, you have to be disciplined. If you have decided that you need these exercises, then do these at least for two to three weeks before plunging into creative visualization.
- Exercise No.1:Find yourself a quiet place where you will not be disturbed for at least twenty minutes. Carry a lemon with you. Lie down or sit in a comfortable chair. Close your eyes and try to quieten the mind by making it thoughtless. To help you in this, concentrate on your breathing. Once the mind concentrates on breathing, it stops paying attention to thoughts. Even then, if any thought dares to enter the mind, simply ignore it. Ignoring or preventing thoughts is necessary because we want to preserve our mind power for creative visualization at this time. After about two minutes of concentrating on your breathing, slowly open your eyes and take a good look at the lemon, note its colour – the different shades of greens and yellows, as well as its unique shape and form. Now feel the texture of the skin – and everything that you can perceive with the touch of it. Also, smell it and let the refreshing scent of lemon fill your nostrils and penetrate your brain. Next, close the eyes and try to see, feel and smell the lemon in your mind's eye. Reconstruct it exactly as you saw it, felt it and smelled it – its colour, shape, texture and scent. If you find it difficult, open the eyes again and take another look at the lemon, smell it once more and feel it anew, repeating the process. Continue this exercise till you can see, smell and feel the lemon with your closed eyes. When you are really able to see, smell and feel the lemon in your mind’s eye, the first of your visualization exercises is complete. This procedure may take one day, two days or even more. It varies from person to person. But be persistent till you succeed.
- Exercise No.2:Repeat the relaxation part, as described in exercise No.1 and proceed as follows - instead of a lemon, hold a high denomination currency note in your hand. At least a 100 US $ or equivalent currency of your country. Repeat the process with the currency note, as you did with the lemon. Note - You should be able to see in your mind’s eye all that is printed on the note - the picture of the leader, the words, and the designs. This exercise will also be complete when you are able to visualize the note as it is with your eyes closed.
- Exercise No.3:Repeat the relaxation part, as described in exercise No.1, and proceed as follows - close your eyes and focus on the item of your dreams. This thing may be anything at all – a car, a house, a piece of jewellery, or any other wished for object for that matter. It helps if you have a photo of it and if you have seen or even better touched and smelled it already in reality. For example - if the wished for item is a certain car - then, start to remind yourself of that smooth drive, the feeling of the steering wheel in your hands, the texture of the leather seats, the powerful yet muted purr of the engine, the colour, the sound of the horn, the sound of closing the door and anything else that you like about that car. Try to remember as many details as possible about the car. When you open your eyes, you should feel as if you have just stepped out of the car.
- Exercise No.4:Repeat the relaxation part, as described in exercise No.1, and proceed as follows – as you will be moving on to visualizing an abstract situation now – the earning of the sum of $100,000 annually. This can be done in several ways, as for example - visualize filing your income tax return. In the slot for annual income, write the amount of $100,000. Now calculate the income tax payable and proceed to write that amount in its appropriate place. You should actually feel the form and see the amounts. Now, make out a cheque for the income tax amount and see yourself giving the cheque and the return form to the appropriate government authority. During this entire process, keep on repeating the following affirmation - “I am now earning $100,000 a year.”
"If imagination and will power are in conflict, then invariably it is the imagination that wins." - Émile Coué
Creative visualisation is nothing short of magic. When we visualize we literally activate the power of our thoughts. Properly applied in combination with the use of affirmations it will dramatically expedite results. It is a perfect illustration of mind over matter as we align ourselves with the laws of the universe and let go. Creative visualisation allows us to have anything we desire – love, joy, abundance, prosperity, success, wealth, vocational fulfilment, radiant health & well-being, creativity, inner peace, harmonious relationships and happiness.
When we visualize, we simply run the motion-picture of our fulfilled desires in our mind. When we combine affirmations and creative visualisation, all we have got to do is repeat the relevant affirmations while we watch the images in our mind. The whole process involves the seeing of our future as we want it to be, re-playing it and re-enforcing it with the corresponding statement. Combining creative visualization and affirmations is a great way to speed up your manifestations, since our subconscious mind is influenced both by words as well as by pictures – words implying affirmations and pictures implying visualisation. As in the following example - Should we wish to own a sail boat, we then close our eyes and see ourselves in this sail boat. We see ourselves tending the sails. We take notice of the details, such as the different materials and the feeling of handling them accordingly. We feel the wind blowing in our face and smell the wonderful salty scent of the waves all around us – in short, we experience everything that will happen when we really own this sail boat. When we do this regularly and effectively, our subconscious will be sufficiently impressed to set into motion a series of events that will end up in us getting our desired toy. It goes without saying that the process is applicable for manifesting whatever you desire – there is absolutely nothing which is too big or too small for you to have as long as you can see it as part of your life – anything at all.
All of us visualize everyday by way of daydreaming. Unfortunately, most of us tend to visualize about what we are lacking in our life, mostly. As we do this continuously, day in and day out, for months – even for years on end – the lack in our life gets more and more cemented. Instead, if we purposely visualize prosperity in a similar way – our life becomes prosperous with whatever we desire, all the same.
The following Guided Visualization Exercise will assist you in taking full advantage of the creative visualization process. The whole process, should take no more than fifteen to twenty minutes. Before we start, just a quick note - we will be using some meditation form in order to access the creative visualization mode. However, as we are now interested in moving along the lines of practising material manifestations, we turn to the dynamic meditation form as opposed to the static meditation form which we practised for purposes of relaxation, earlier on. As we will focus on the breath and the mind becomes thoughtless, we introduce a single thought in the mind – your visualization. The mind will be persuaded to concentrate on that single thought, and in turn will bring to bear its entire energy on that single thought, slowly manifesting it into reality.
Preparation for Visualization: Sit or lie down comfortably. Keep your spine straight and hands loose. Do not cross your legs. All of which allows for easy blood circulation and helps relax the muscles. Should you feel sleepy when you lie down, then choose to sit in a comfortable chair, instead. Close your eyes, slightly. Do not use any force on your eyelids. Let it be natural. Sometimes your eyes will open up on their own. Close them again. This may go on till you are fully focused – only then, will your eyes remain shut, easily and effortlessly. Breath normally. You do not have to breathe deep on purpose. Focus on your breath for a few moments – it will help to drive away random thoughts from the mind. Once you sense that both body and mind are relaxed, start creating the desired images in your mind.
Guidelines for Successful Visualization:
- Set a Goal: It is absolutely essential that you convey your exact desires to the subconscious mind. If you wish to manifest some money for example - decide on the exact amount, and the time in which you want it to manifest as in – $20,000 by Christmas this year. Now start visualizing that you are receiving this amount, in various ways. You can either visualize getting a cheque for this amount via mail, or you can see an entry for it in your bank passbook. Yet, you may choose to receive it in form of a cash deposit or bonus. All by Christmas of this year.
- Play the Part: This is much like acting a part in a play or a drama. You are a part of the whole picture. The subconscious has got to know that this goal is meant for you and nobody else. Therefore, be sure to include yourself in these images. Preferably in the first person position – as if you are seeing it really through your own eyes, and not only as a bystander. When you are enacting the play in your mind, look at the play from this inside perspective. Experience it with all your senses – look at the details, hear the sounds, smell the aromas, touch things and listen to people talk.
- Be Clear: Create images that are as clear and accurate as you can. Put yourself in the picture. Your subconscious brings forth exactly what is shown to it on a regular basis. Consider this, as an example - if you wish a new and better job and you picture a new office regularly, then probably your present office may be shifted to a new place like the one you saw in your mind, but you may not necessarily get a new job...
- Be Vivid:When you paint mental pictures, add bright and beautiful colours. Remember, the subconscious cannot differentiate between a real scene and an imagined scene. The more realistic pictures you create, the more impressed your subconscious becomes. For Example - when you consciously erase the mental image of being overweight and create a new image of you at your ideal weight, your subconscious will support the new image and will strive to bring it into reality.
- Present Reality As already mentioned earlier – but still worth repeating – in knowing how visualization works, it is important to realise that for the subconscious mind, everything happens in the present. The conscious mind may label an event as having happened two years ago or to happen two years hence, but to your subconscious mind, it is all happening now.
- Skip the Details: It is most important to visualize only the end result and not the process. We have to let the subconscious mind know what we want. However, leave it to infinite intelligence to decide on the process of getting it. So make sure you do not preoccupy yourself with the details of how you will get, to where you are going. Concentrate exclusively on the end results. You will be amazed at how creative the universe can be in providing you that which you desire in at times, the most unusual ways.
- Use Emotion: Emotions are very important in visualization – they are like the flash light of a camera that illuminates the picture you are photographing. Your subconscious mind is like the film in the camera on which the picture is printed. Just as you cannot live life without emotions, do not visualize without emotions. Act in your mind's play as if it is a true incident happening now in your life, and involve all your emotions into it. Feel the same excitement and happiness of success that you would feel when you actually achieve that goal.
- No Judgements: The subconscious mind cannot differentiate between good and bad. It is our conscious mind that does the differentiation. For example - your subconscious mind does not think you are either a good or a bad person if you are overweight. It simply observes the image and supports it by influencing you to overeat and do no physical activity, in order to maintain a physical image that is consistent with the mental image it holds.
- Last but not least - Allow:The last step in this process is equally important. This step is allowing success to come into your life. Many a time we fail to be successful because when success comes to our doorstep, we simply keep our doors closed. Hence, it is always advisable to repeat a certain affirmation towards the end of the visualization. Choose the corresponding statement as to compliment the subject of your visualization and repeat it for about a minute at the end of your session, so as to seal it with success. You may for example simply recite the following - 'I deserve to succeed', or, 'I receive this success with joy and happiness'. Allowing yourself to succeed is like picking up your developed photographs from the shop. If you do not, all the work done in the first place by taking the snap shot and getting it developed is wasted. Similarly, if you do not allow yourself to succeed, all the visualization comes to nought. Therefore, after you have visualized with all details as explained above, release the picture in your mind. let go, and allow!
You may repeat this whole process more than once a day. Ideally once in the morning upon wakening up and once more just before going to sleep. But at least once daily, would definitely suffice to bring in the desired results, into your reality. One warning though, given with regards to creative visualization is that it should never – and under no circumstances – be used for wrong purposes or to harm others. In the Dalai Lama's own words - “Whatever you wish unto others, will also come true for you.” ________________________________________________________________________
* The following affirmation courtesy of Louise Hay, if repeated on a daily basis, while in a relaxed state and with feeling, will dramatically change every facet of your life for the better.