Okay folks gather round. Listen to what I'm putting down. Here's the main thing I want to say. I'm busy 24-hours a day. But I've got a challenge for you. Hopefully you can write one or two!!!
Okay, let's drop the rhymey rhymes and get down to business.
(Please read the entire instructions because cousins there's a lot of details to get right)
Vocal + Assist (V+A) on Facebook has come up with its very own writing challenge!!! Yep, we're jumping in on the latest craze of challenges.
The admin team at V+A brainstormed and it was Darnell Lee that came up with the idea.
The challenge is to write a micro-story of 150 to 300 words. The prompt/challenge theme is called "Lost in a Story."
The object is to take a well known short story, fable, fairytale, movie plot, etc and let yourself (the writer) get trapped or lost in the story. Let the events of the story play out with your own twist as if you are now written into the plot.
1. Wait!!! There's more.
- Submit the URL to your entries in a COMMENT here in this post. The reason for that is because we are doing a RAFFLE. There will be two prizes.
- The First Prize will be a $7 tip (a $5 + $2). The Second Prize will be a $3 tip (a $2 + $1).
- In order to qualify for the raffle you must subtitle the story: "The Vocal + Assist Lost in a Story Challenge". Also at the beginning of the story mention: This story is part of the Vocal + Assist on Facebook Lost in a Story Challenge. You can learn more about it here: (embed the URL to this post so others can click to this post for the official instructions). Here's the URL: https://vocal.media/fiction/lost-in-a-story-the-challenge
- For each story you enter you will get an entry into the raffle. The more you enter the more chances you get to win.
- Seeing that this one is a bit more involved and will take a bit of thought and time to create, we are making a three week deadline. All stories must be submitted by the end of the day Friday October 13th (oooh Friday the 13th and in October… ghoulish and groovy if you ask me). 👻☠️🎃
Have fun… be creative… and enter as many times as you want.
This song came to my mind when Darnell suggested the challenge topic:
Make yourself part of the story and let it really come alive!!! You really do matter!!!
With Love, RHC
≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈
About the Creator
Writing is a distraction for me. It takes me to places unknown that fulfill my need for intellectual stimulus, emotional release, and a soothing of the breaks and bruises of the day.
Very well written. Keep up the good work!
Easy to read and follow
Well-structured & engaging content
Expert insights and opinions
Arguments were carefully researched and presented
Niche topic & fresh perspectives
On-point and relevant
Writing reflected the title & theme