Try This Masala Tomato Upma For Quick & Easy Breakfast- Recipe Inside
Quick & Easy Masala Tomato Upma Recipe
- Upma is a healthy recipe and is filling too.
- Masala tomato upma is a simple recipe.
- You can pair this dish with coconut chutney and sambar.
When we think about easy yet delicious breakfast recipes, South Indian food always comes to our mind. There are many delicacies in South Indian cuisine that we love to eat. From Idli sambar to uttapam, we find traditional dishes which never fail to impress us. And upma is one of them. Upma is a delicious recipe which we all like to eat for breakfast. Upma is a healthy recipe and is filling too.
Moreover, it is very light and easy to digest. Although upma is usually made with semolina combined with chopped veggies, but due to its popularity, there are many other versions of it, including recipes like curd upma and bread upma. Here we have another interesting version called masala tomato upma. This yummy treat can be your next favourite breakfast dish.
Masala tomato upma is a simple recipe; it is a combination of suji and tomatoes, seasoned with some light spices. Tomato gives a nice tangy taste to the upma. If you like vegetables, then you can add veggies of your choice. You can pair this dish with coconut chutney and sambar. The best part is that it can be prepared in all of 20 minutes. So without any delay, let's take a look at the recipe.
How To Make Masala Tomato Upma| Masala Tomato Upma Recipe:
Switch on the gas and place a pan on it. Now add one cup suji in it and dry roast for few minutes.Take out the suji in a plate, in the same pan add 2 tablespoon oil, and add mustard seeds, urad dal, and jeera and saute them. Add one chopped onion and saute till translucent. Add one finely chopped green chilli and ginger, you can add peas, capsicum and carrot here.
After this, add half cup of tomato puree and one chopped tomato, cook for 2 min. Put red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder and salt to taste. Then add 3 cups of water and let it come to a boil. Add a small spoon of ghee and let it cook by closing the lid. After a minute, open the lid and add suji in batches while stirring continuously. Give it a good mix so there are no lumps. Add few drops of lemon juice and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves. Your masala tomato upma is ready.
Try this upma recipe and let us know how you liked it.
Health Benefts of Masala Tomato Upma
- High in Protein: Masala tomato upma is a great source of protein, providing a good amount of nutrition to the body. Protein is essential for the growth and repair of cells, and it helps keep bones, skin, and muscles healthy.
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Masala tomato upma contains a variety of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and iron. These essential nutrients help keep the body functioning properly and support overall health.
- Improves Digestion: The spices and herbs used in masala tomato upma can help improve digestion and prevent digestive issues. The spices also help break down food and make it easier for the body to absorb nutrients.
- Boosts Immunity: The spices and herbs used in masala tomato upma can help boost the immune system and reduce the risk of illness. The herbs and spices also have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Aids Weight Loss: Masala tomato upma is low in calories and high in fiber, making it a great option for those looking to lose weight. Fiber helps keep you feeling full longer and can help reduce cravings, making it easier to stick to a healthy diet.
There are no comments for this story
Be the first to respond and start the conversation.