The chicken meat preparation with which you can lose weight. Good for your health.
Recipe for Grilled Chicken Breast
Recipe for Grilled Chicken Breast
In this article you will learn: how to make a perfectly cooked, brown and juicy grilled chicken breast. Some information about the nutritional value and benefits of eating grilled chicken breast. Grilled chicken breast recipe, step by step, ingredient list and how to prepare.
A grilled chicken breast seems like an easy thing to make. And so it is, with the only condition of observing a few simple rules. Any piece of grilled meat, chicken, beef or pork, should meet certain expectations: it should be tasty, brown, with characteristic grill marks and last but not least, it should be juicy and tender.
One of the reasons why chicken breast is a favorite ingredient for many people is its low fat content and low calorie count. Only 3 grams of fat per 100 grams of meat! By comparison, skinless boneless chicken thighs have 9 grams of fat per 100 grams and pork chops have 14.7 grams of fat per 100 grams. A 100 gram piece of chicken breast has 110 calories and the same amount of pork chop has 240 calories!
Obviously, those concerned about the silhouette - but what am I talking about? in fact, for health reasons – they will more often opt for a chicken breast than a pork chop. Although that is also good, but rarer. So, I suggest we go back to our recipe, which gives you a simple and safe way to get a brown, juicy and very tasty grilled chicken breast.
- 1 kilogram of chicken breast (6 slices of approximately 175 grams each)
- 1 clove of garlic
- yellow peel, finely grated, from ½ lemon
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
Method of preparation
- As much as possible, try to slice the chicken breast into slices of equal thickness, about 2-3cm at the thickest part. I used chicken breast from Fragedo, you can also take ready-sliced chicken breast, just don't make the slices extremely thin.
- Obviously, we will start with the preparation of the marinade that will make the grilled chicken breast incredibly delicious and tender. An effective marinade for tenderizing and flavoring meat has a few principles: it must contain an acidic substance, which in my case is lemon juice. This can be replaced, if preferred, with orange juice or even a little dry white wine. The acidity of the marinade helps a lot in tenderizing the meat, basically the cooking process starts now. Do not fear, the meat will not be sour.
- Then, the marinade should contain your favorite flavors, well balanced between them. I opted for lemon peel, garlic and thyme, you can also use rosemary, mustard, all kinds of spices as you like.
- Crush the garlic and place in a bowl. Add the lemon peel and the thyme leaves, the lemon juice and the honey and finally the olive oil. Beat everything well with a pear-shaped whisk. Place the chicken breast slices, well covered with absorbent paper towels, in the marinade. Turn the chicken breast slices so that they are coated with the marinade all over. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. The maximum marinating time I recommend is 2 hours.
- The most common mistake we can make when preparing grilled chicken breast is to kill the meat, drying it of the last drop of juice and turning it into a piece of fish that is difficult to chew.
- After marinating, the chicken breast slices are removed from the marinade and carefully patted with absorbent paper towels. Any trace of marinade on the surface of the meat can burn, negatively affecting the final taste. The marinade is thrown away, it has served its purpose. Leave the chicken breast slices for about 15 minutes, covered with a foil, on a tray, at the kitchen temperature, to acclimatize.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat. It is important that the cooking surface/grill is well heated. Season the marinated chicken breast slices with salt and freshly ground pepper and place on the hot grill. It should sizzle loudly the moment the meat hits the hot surface.
- The chicken breast slices - cut to the thickness specified in point 1 and acclimatized - cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Not a minute more is needed. We will not move the meat around on the grill, nor will we turn it more than once from one side to the other. That's the only way we'll get beautiful grill marks. During cooking, the meat will form a nice crust and penetrate perfectly. Attention, the meat cooking process does not end when it is taken off the grill! The meat will be placed on a tray, covered loosely with foil and left to rest for 10 minutes, during which time it will continue to infuse.
About the Creator
Make Food By Yourself
Food recipes for you and your loved ones. I present both food and sweets, from different countries, for a diversification of tastes to your liking.
There are no comments for this story
Be the first to respond and start the conversation.