My Favorite Mug Cooking Recipes
Omelets, Cakes, and Cobblers!
I am in love with mug cooking. In fact, I am pretty much obsessed with mug cooking! I must have at least 40 mugs. I have collected them over 30 years and now I can finally give each of them a chance to do that for which it was created. I even have given a few away to friends and family filled with delectable treats. I figure the more I give away the more I can collect! I now have a large walk-in closet with almost full shelves. I go and sit in there when I am feeling down and I always feel better seeing all those shiny mugs looking down at me.
Since I enjoy my mug cooking so very much, I have decided to share five of my favorite mug recipes with you.
Here they are:
1. Peanut Butter and Jelly Mug Sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- I tablespoon of your favorite jam or jelly
- Place butter in a microwavable mug and heat about 20 seconds of until just barely melted.
- Remove the mug from the microwave and add in the remaining ingredients (except the jelly or jam) and mix with a fork until ingredients are lightly mixed together.. don’t over mix.
- When the batter is mixed drop the spoonful of jam in the center.
- Microwave the mixture for 45 seconds to 1 minute. Check at 45 seconds. If the top layer is fairly firm on top. If it is still soggy, let it cook for a few more seconds. You will find the happy medium of timing once you have made this treat a couple of time.
- Serve immediately for the best flavor, even though it is almost as good cold.
2. Omelet in a Mug
- 2 or 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of diced meat (ham, sausage, etc.)
- 1 Tablespoon of salsa
- 1 Tablespoon of shredded cheese (I love sharp cheddar)
- Cooking spray
- Salt, pepper and any other flavorings you like
- Lightly spray your mug with cooking spray.
- Break eggs into the mug and whisk together with a fork.
- Add the diced meat, salsa, cheese and salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove mug, stir, and break up any large chunks of egg.
- Cook for another 45 to 60 seconds or until the eggs are set.
- Sprinkle a little more cheese on top.
3. Mug Macaroni and Cheese
- 1/3 cup elbow macaroni
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup of your favorite shredded cheese.
- ½ tablespoon of butter or margarine (optional)
- Combine pasta and water in a large mug.
- Microwave at 1-minute intervals, stirring and checking the doneness of the pasta. Water should be absorbed and pasta should be soft after 4 minutes.
- Add the cheese, milk, and butter (if you want to use butter). Adding butter makes the recipe a little bit creamier.
- Put the mac and cheese back in the microwave for 1 minute, stir well.
4. Nutella and Rocher Mug Cake
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 4 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1 or 2 Ferraro Rocher candies... depending on your stress level.
- Add all the ingredients in a mug in the order they appear on the ingredients list.
- Whisk well with a fork.
- Microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add a spoonful of whipped topping.
5. Peach Cobbler in a Mug
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1–4 ounce container diced peaches, well drained
- Heat butter in microwave about 20 seconds.
- Combine sugar, flour, milk powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl, add water and stir. Transfer the mixture into a mug and stir with a fork until the batter is well mixed. Add in the peaches on top of the batter.
- Heat in the microwave on 70% for 2 minutes. Let the mug rest in the microwave for 1 more minute. Cool slightly. Eat as is or add a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.