Longevity logo

Why we need detoxification for our bodies?

by AskOliveJames Blog about a year ago in health
Report Story

Health

A detox way of life is a healthy way of life. Detoxification has been practiced for centuries by people from all over the world. To detox the body means to cleanse it, nourish it from the inside out and resting. It is important to remove toxins from the body, then feed it with healthy nutrients. Our body is always working to dispel toxins from our different systems. These toxins build up due to bad food choices, caffeine, drugs, stress, alcohol and from our environment. Detoxification starts in your liver but your lungs, gut and kidneys play a huge part in the detoxification process. 

How do we know when it’s time for a detox?

Juice cleanse

Many people think if they do a cleanse once or twice a year that is all their body needs, but this is similar to binge dieting. You really want to adopt a more detox lifestyle if possible because we are always surrounded by toxins. You don’t have to detox everyday if you are too busy, but try to adopt this lifestyle 80% of the time and leave the bad stuff for the other 20%.

Below are signs you are ready for a detox

You are always stressed and fatigued 

You have constant headaches 

Your skin looks dull and you experience frequent breakouts 

You catch everything going around from stomach bugs to the flu

You are frequently using caffeine, alcohol, cigarettes or use prescription meds consistently 

No focus to complete daily work 

You are overweight 

Exposure to environmental toxins such as cigarette smoke, pesticides and household chemicals 

You suffer from depression or experience emotional instability 

Bad breath 

Belly fat 

How can we detox our bodies?

Try to eat more vegetables and stay away from so much meat and dairy. 

Try to eat organic if you can so your body is not polluted with pesticides. 

Sweat as much as possible because this will release toxins from the skin.

Drink as much filtered water every day as you can. 

Exercise as many days as possible during the week for at least 20-30 minutes. 

Try a juice cleanse for 3, 5, or 7 days

Drink ginger, turmeric and coconut milk before bed

Take milk thistle or black Seed oil

Drink Green Tea

Take Dandelion Root supplements with potassium pills

What types of benefits do you notice from a detox?

Stronger immunity

Assistance in losing weight 

Better moods

More energy

Glowing skin 

Better Mental clarity

Balanced emotions

Improved self-confidence

Anti aging 

Lighter feeling 

We hope you enjoyed learning more about detoxification and how it can help your body and mind. Let us know if our have any tips on detoxing the body in the comment section. We love learning new tips. XOXO

health

About the author

AskOliveJames Blog

lifestyle blog focusing on travel, beauty, style, health, wellness and motherhood.

AskOliveJames.com

Reader insights

Be the first to share your insights about this piece.

How does it work?

Add your insights

Comments

There are no comments for this story

Be the first to respond and start the conversation.

Sign in to comment

    Find us on social media

    Miscellaneous links

    • Explore
    • Contact
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Use
    • Support

    © 2022 Creatd, Inc. All Rights Reserved.