Dating & Relationships: Are You Getting MIXED SIGNALS?
Be aware of the red flags early on.
It seems that men and women cannot get past the first 3 dates due to the mixed signals they are receiving. What is going on & why has this changed so much over the years?
- Insecurities and past hurts are keeping people from having normalcy in their relationships.
- Everyone gets their rule book out and if their date doesn’t pass all the tests early on, they are deleted from their phones, apps or social media. NEXT!
- The effort is not put forth anymore to really get to know someone and accept some of their imperfections.
- Online dating & available Apps are making people move on quicker & allowing them to be more particular because of the big roster of "next conquests" available on these sites. They get an "I can do better" attitude.
In the beginning, when getting to know a potential partner, respect & communication should be the priority before sex & intimacy rule your loins. Unfortunately that is not the case anymore.
Being sexually compatible is important and many people do not want to waste their time if the chemistry isn’t there between the sheets. Sex is now expected to happen immediately and often expected on the first date!
Intimacy changes everything for most woman and new expectations come into play when she gives herself to someone. Sex too soon can end up being a big problem, so tread lightly with how quickly you both rip your clothes off.
Common "Mixed Signals:"
- One person pushing the relationship way too fast in the beginning. Then a month or two later they sabotage it because they freak themselves out due to how fast it is moving! Don't let someone dictate this speedy scenario. Hold back! You don't know them and they could be in an addictive serial dating pattern with no intention of being in a committed relationship.
Galloping on the next horse is not always a good ride; it’s just a different one.
There is a reason why you hurt after a break-up & you are supposed to take time to heal and reflect on what transpired. How can you possibly be whole? You are just taking your emotional baggage into the next relationship even if you don’t think you are.
Ask your date what they are looking for. Don’t be afraid to find out early; it may be the opposite of where you see yourself and you can discuss that with them. Diplomacy should always be used and leave the long checklist at home.
Body language & attitude gives away many answers if you are paying attention; which is what dating is all about. Here are 7 Things to be Aware of:
- Listen clearly to what they say. If they say they don’t want to be in a committed relationship and that is important to you, move on. They have told you honestly; don't think you will be the one to change their mind!
- If they are being aloof or playing hard to get, you really don’t want to waste time trying to figure out what their real motive is. Relationships don’t have to be that difficult. People make it harder because they don't "listen" to who their date really is.
- Don’t get caught up in a "cat and mouse" game. Learn early on whether this person is worth pursuing. If they are only texting twice a week, keeping you at arms reach or always too busy, they are not interested.
- Learn to really listen to what they are saying and not only what you want to hear!
- People give themselves away early on so it is wise to read between the lines, listen to your gut and do not ignore the red flags!
- Don't let their hotness overrule your values & morals by allowing things that you would normally move on from. Looks really aren't everything long term; there is so much more to a person than that.
- Do not allow yourself to become their last minute date or late night booty call! Respect yourself first & others will respect you too.
The more you get on the treadmill of dating people who send out mixed signals, the more you will lose your trust in having a partnership.
It always is wise to take some time away from dating if there is a negative pattern developing. Don't let someone come in and mess with your heart or your head.
Your instincts are your guide; never ignore their value! They will always lead you in the right direction.
Susan McCord @ The Dear Sybersue Talk Show