Hello my little lovelies!
So for this lovely Friday posting, I’m going to give you guys my recipe for lime chicken! It’s a simple recipe that is easy to do and you can cook this in multiple ways. The ingredients themselves aren’t very expensive so this is a pretty cheap meal. And you don’t need a lot of seasonings in this either since the lime will be doing most of the flavoring. For this you can put it with any side dish you want, I like to put it with rice and roasted red peppers. I’ll also include the different ways you can cook this recipe. Also depending on how much chicken you are making you can adjust the amounts needed for the recipe, this worked great for eight regular sized chicken tenderloins which is approximately a pound and a quarter according to the package I got so just adjust the ingredients based on the amount of chicken.
So this is a recipe from my kitchen to yours, I hope you guys enjoy!
The things you will need:
- However much chicken you’re going to need
- Zest of 2 limes
- Juice of two limes
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients except for the chicken in a bowl. Make sure everything is well combined before you put the chicken in. Taste the marinade and make sure that it’s not too tart and adjust the sugar as needed or if you want you can add honey into the marinade instead.
- Put the chicken into the marinade and leave it there for as long as you like. I left mine in the marinade for about two hours and let me tell you, the flavors were popping.
- Now if you want to cook this on the stove, may I suggest a cast iron skillet? It will give the chicken this beautiful color on the outside and the sugars will caramelize so it will both look and taste good. If not that’s alright, a regular skillet will do, just make sure to spray the pan either way. The sugar or honey will caramelize and the last thing you want is to ruin your pan.
- Now if you want to cook it in the oven, this is where you have to adjust a little bit, depending on how much chicken you are cooking. Since I was doing tenderloins, I did 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Now you’re not going to get the nice caramelization like you would if you cooked them on the stove but they are still delicious and will have that nice lime flavor to them.
- Now if you want to truly be lazy, throw them in the slow cooker for four hours. That way you can just throw them in the slow cooker and forget about it. This will give you nice and juicy chicken. Now if you want you can sear the chicken quickly on the cast iron to get the nice color then throw them in the slow cooker to cook the rest of the way so that way you get the nice color and the chicken stays moist in the slow cooker.
So that is it for this recipe, if you guys try it out please let me know how it went and post pictures to either my Facebook or if you follow me on Instagram, just tag me, I want to see it!
Stay tuned for my next blog post on Monday!