Chicken and Potatoes?
Ahh, these recipes are much more than meets the eye!
Within the culinary world there is nothing easier, and more difficult, than chicken and potatoes. Potatoes can be grainy or undercooked. Chicken can be raw or overdone. The chef is the key to a perfect dish, and the process the chef uses to make the dish is absolutely the key to yummy flavor. However, do these two ingredients HAVE to be so complicated and mysterious?
The simple answer is...NO!!!!!!!! Of course, they are difficult, and they may be time consuming, but with the right recipe and a little bit of pizazz, anyone can be a "master chef" who commands flavor!!! Perhaps you won't be the next Gordon Ramsay or Bobby Flay with these recipes, but you will definitely wow your neighbors, friends, coworkers, and families!
Below, I present two recipes with similar flavor profiles, but they are two different ingredients...chicken or potatoes!!!! Garlic, the overlord of spice and seasoning, and parmesan, the king cheese. Dive into these recipes and make your next meals delicious.
Recipe 1: Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- 3 pounds red potatoes (halved), you can also use gold potatoes but reds are my favorite!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley leaves (chopped, for garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Add olive oil, garlic, thyme, oregano, basil and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Stir in butter until melted, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Recipe 2: Garlic Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
Parmesan Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoons garlic salt,
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese