Virginity: The Ultimate First-Time Adventure! 15 Surprising Must-Knows.
Get ready for a surprise, because it's going to blow your mind how different it is from what you imagined!
1. Sex is like a blank canvas - there's no right or wrong way to paint it, and that's the beauty of it. So buckle up, because your first time can be filled with a rollercoaster of emotions and sensations, and that's totally okay! Just remember to communicate with your partner, use protection, and make sure you're mentally and physically prepared for this epic journey.
2. Are you ready for the real truth about virginity? It's not just about penis-in-vagina sex! For those who identify outside of the cis-gender or straight spectrum, losing virginity can mean different things - like oral or anal sex! And hey, intimacy is intimacy, no matter what form it takes. So, let's forget the technicalities and embrace the progression of our sexual experiences. But don't forget about the big responsibilities and complex emotions that come with each step - like being safe and feeling vulnerable. It's all part of the journey!
3. Before you take the plunge, let's talk about getting a check-up with your doc! It might seem a little awkward at first, but hear me out - your doctor is a pro and has heard it all before. Plus, everything you say is confidential - so feel free to ask any questions you might have. It's crucial to chat with your doc to get the lowdown on birth control options and preventing sexually transmitted infections. From pills to implants to condoms - there are plenty of options out there, and your healthcare provider can help you pick the best one for your needs. So don't be shy - schedule that appointment and get ready to learn!
4. You're in the middle of a hot makeout session with your significant other, and you've been anticipating this moment. But you know what? It's totally cool if you change your mind! You have the power to hit the brakes and let your partner know that you're not ready. It's not just about burgers versus nuggets - it's about something way more intimate, and you have the right to decide when and if you're ready. So don't worry, no matter how far you've gone, you can always pump the breaks and say "nope"!
5. Listen up, my dear! Here's the truth: nobody actually gives a darn if you're still a virgin. Don't let the pressure of your peeps get to you. Wait for that special somebody to sweep you off your feet and give you a first-time experience bursting with love, respect, and all the warm and fuzzies. The right person won't give a hoot about your past experiences, 'cause let's face it, everyone's got their own story. So go at your own pace, kick back, and enjoy the ride. There's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of!
6. Guess what? The myth that your cherry pops when you have sex is totally false! Your hymen is just thin, stretchy tissue that might tear or stretch the first time you have sex, which can cause a little discomfort or bleeding. But here's the kicker - it's not something you can actually break or lose once you've had sex! In fact, you might have already torn your hymen in other ways, like riding your bike or doing gymnastics. So don't stress, your hymen is just a normal part of your body and has nothing to do with your virginity! Cool, huh?
7. Did you know that not everyone bleeds during their first time having sex? It's true! You might think that tearing the tissue around the hymen is a given, but it's actually not always the case according to Planned Parenthood. And get this, your hymen can tear from other activities too, so don't freak out if there's no blood.
8. Let's talk about the thrilling topic of sex! But wait, before we dive in, it's important to note that sometimes there can be physical discomfort involved. But fear not, my friends! By taking the time to properly prep with a little kissing and touching, you'll be well on your way to a pleasurable experience. Just remember, everyone's arousal process is unique and can vary in speed, but don't worry, there are ways to make sure everyone is on the same page. Use your fingers to check for lubrication and if needed, add a little extra with some good ol' fashioned lube. Trust me, it'll be worth it.
9. Did you know that peeing after sex can actually lower your chances of getting a urinary tract infection? Yeah, it's true! According to the Cleveland Clinic, bacteria can spread during sex and cause UTIs, but by taking a quick trip to the bathroom afterwards, you can flush those germs out and protect yourself. Plus, if you do end up experiencing symptoms like a burning sensation or cloudy urine, don't worry - a quick visit to the doctor and a prescription for antibiotics can clear things up in no time.
10. Forget societal expectations! There's no timeline to follow when it comes to your sexuality. Don't feel pressured by your partner or a fancy occasion, because the only sign you need is coming from within. Take charge of your own readiness and embrace the autonomy!
11. Ready for the big moment? We've all seen those steamy movie scenes where first time sex is absolutely perfect, but let's get real here - that's not always the case. It's okay to feel a little awkward and figuring out what you like takes time. Just like driving a car, it's a skill that comes with practice. You and your partner are in this together and it's important to talk about what feels good and what doesn't. And don't forget, your mental state is just as important as your physical one. Take a deep breath, communicate with your partner, and get ready to explore this beautiful and intimate part of your life.
12. Get ready for the ultimate test: losing your virginity can bring you and your partner even closer, but are you ready for the ride? From late periods to questionable bumps, it's not always smooth sailing, and it can seriously test your bond. But don't let that scare you! Just make sure you ask yourself: Is our relationship strong enough to handle the worst-case scenarios? Can I trust this person to treat me with the respect I deserve? It's a big decision, but once you make it, get ready for the ride of your life!
13. Let's talk about orgasms! First things first - don't expect to have a simultaneous climax with your partner every time (or even at all, honestly). Hollywood fantasies aren't the real deal, so don't beat yourself up if you don't orgasm on your first go! Did you know that one in three people with vulvas struggle to reach orgasm during sex? The good news is, as you and your partner explore each other's bodies and learn what works and what doesn't, it'll likely get easier to get "there" and oh boy, will it be worth the wait!
14. Guess what? You can actually get STIs from more than just vaginal sex! That's right, according to Planned Parenthood, bodily fluid and direct contact can spread sexually transmitted infections. So, even if you've had some fun with oral or anal sex without protection, you may still be at risk. To stay safe and healthy, it's a good idea for everyone involved to get tested.
15. Sexual attraction and emotional connections are two different things that don't always go hand in hand! While some may prefer to wait until they're in love or have a strong emotional bond with someone before getting intimate, others may feel a fiery physical attraction without that same emotional connection. Enter demisexuality- where sexual attraction only happens after a meaningful romantic connection is established. It's all a matter of personal preference and where you fall on the attraction spectrum. How fascinating!
About the Creator
I reveal the questions that our soul is interested in and that our mind is searching for.
There are no comments for this story
Be the first to respond and start the conversation.