Poets logo

Poem: "After You"

by DEUXQANE! 2 years ago in sad poetry

"I'll sit on the couch and watch the clock aimlessly spin itself in circles"

Poem: "After You"
Photo by samane mohammadi on Unsplash

Went upstairs for some space

Because I'm at a party with nobody I know

just so I could stop seeing the glimpses

even though we're growing apart

the feeling waxes by the inches

there'll be moments where I can see

faces that belong somewhere else

and those that're lost in thought

whose secrets now have their tells

I came here so I can be free of me

trapping myself with thoughts of you

everyone here is having a good time

but I'd much rather spend it with you

My heart is a star out of alignment

still clashing with my mind's idea of heavens

but all of that is frozen in time

when in a room of sixes and sevens

I'll sit on the couch and watch the clock

aimlessly spin itself in circles

and for once I could relate

to how cyclical this pain feels

I won't make the same mistake twice

even if for a second, it was real

the party is starting to wind down

and that's exactly how I feel

Hours later the thoughts will trail me

and I'll wake up in the afternoon

wondering who will come next

when this poem's written after you

-

inspired by old feelings. first poem created after leaving college.

more works on my instagram @Ephrain_

sad poetry

DEUXQANE!

93% of communication is non-verbal. Here is the other 7%.

Read next: Expecting Me

Find us on social media

Miscellaneous links

  • Explore
  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • Support

© 2022 Creatd, Inc. All Rights Reserved.