93% of communication is non-verbal. Here is the other 7%.
I Think I'm Outgrowing My Friends
Picture this: you're out with two of your friends that you've known back in college for nearly a decade. The three of you are in your mid-twenties. You're eating at a restaurant. They offer delectable brown bread and butter for free that comes before appetizers and/or your main meal. The three of you are going out to celebrate one of your friend's recent success of picking up a "big boy job" after working two years in retail. You're all in high spirits, ready to enjoy a 1000-plus-calorie meal. It's good vibes all around.
In Unison: Chapter 1
The crickets and katydids were abnormally quiet tonight compared to previous days. Usually, after a long day of training the village's kids, I make my way out to this forest clearing on a hill far enough from the village to collect my thoughts. Tonight was one of those nights, and while I usually prefer to have the clearing for myself, I made an exception to have company. Especially for this one.
$20,000 Later: Life After Winnings
I was about five months into working in the fitness industry until I lost my job due to Covid-19. It was a minimum-wage job, and I was exploring my interests in the field. Basically, one coach got a bunch of members infected, and it was all downhill from there.
Poetry About Obstacles
Come closer, so that I may crush you. With every step you have been there teaching me the obstacle is the way. And through my own agony,
Poetry About Toxic Dating
Swift flew the season wind chill commits treason smooth talks and movie dates holding hands, tempting fate. You leave clothes in my bedroom
Poetry About Staying Determined
So this is it. Defeat permeates through the air threatening your last breath, but you stalemate in a battle of wits. A series of choices brought you
Poetry About Never Giving Up
We've our ducks in a row and we'll raise you another thousand defeats before we ever choose to throw in this towel. Luck be on our side,
Poem: "The Mind of Someone With ADD"
It's 4am on a Saturday morning. I'm rudely spurned from sleep by dehydration, and after quenching my thirst, I am forced awake,
Poem: "Things I Said At 1 a.m."
"Don't get any ideas," I whisper to him after a day of running him in circles, knowing full well I struggle to commit. I don't deserve someone as good as this.
Poetry Describing My Newly Realized ADD
When I open a book for the first time my eyes take a deep breath before diving into the story then crash head-first into the cover
Poem: "Patched Up"
This afternoon at the pier I had my choice of vice in one hand and nothing in the other I left my feet dangling in the water
I had rats in my space. I kept you around for what I hoped would have been a very long time. But rodents don't live very long.