Different Ways to Reduce Your Weight
The problem of obesity tends to affect the mind more than physical health.
Gone are the days when being overweight or obese was simply a cosmetic problem. Today there is more awareness on how obesity can cause major health problems to individuals over time. If the situation becomes uncontrollable, or if you want to find a more natural way to get rid of excess fat, obesity surgery in Delhi is a good option.
The problem of obesity tends to affect the mind more than physical health. Those who are obese need to have the will to reduce weight, and only then will they be able to do so. On top of this, friends & relatives always comment on your weight, the thought remains in your head and coaxes you to take action.
Here are some of the different ways to reduce weight:
- Exercise—No method can be more natural or more effective to reduce weight. However, the only catch here is that you need to have patience. Regularly, you can walk up the stairs instead of taking the lift, and this would reduce excess fat over time. Various asanas in yoga also help in reducing obesity. You may even take up aerobics or Zumba classes, both of which are fun ways to shed excess weight.
- Diet—You need to cut your cravings for junk food and other vegetables made in excess oil. Eliminate or reduce the intake of red meat, and also control yourself from having alcohol every weekend. Stop making it a habit to eat popcorn during every movie, and even if you do, cheese and butter need to go out. Green leafy vegetables, oats, white meat and fish (if you are a non-vegetarian) are healthy sources of essential nutrients. Breakfast must be the healthiest meal of the day, so ensure that it is high in proteins. Dinner should ideally be very light and eliminate sugar from your diet as much as possible. Processed foods need to be avoided as much as possible.
- Drink right amounts of water—Drinking half a litre of water would help in increasing burned calories by 24-30%. Ensure that you have water half an hour before a meal. It reduces the calorie intake for old and middle-aged persons. Another reason for water being the beverage to drink is that it is a healthy replacement for high-calorie drinks such as aerated drinks.
- Unsweetened coffee—Coffee is actually a healthy beverage—it is loaded with antioxidants and other suitable compounds. Black coffee makes you feel full without adding extra calories.
- Surgery—Bariatric surgery helps in weight loss and makes people lose weight permanently. Obesity surgery in Delhi also has long term benefits such as the resolution of obstructive sleep apnea, high cholesterol and high BP. It limits the absorption of nutrients in the body.