Hi! Today I present a really easy recipe. It is the recipe of milk rice, a tasty Persian dish. People serve this dish mostly for breakfast. I love this dish since I love rice and milk. People cook it in many ways and they add many other ingredients and various nuts.
1. Milk Rice
This dish is good for breakfast since it is really healthy. It contains essential nutrients such as calcium , fibers, antioxidants, vitamin B, zinc and many other ingredients.
- 1 cup rice
- 100 ml milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom (if you don't like cardamom, you can add vanilla)
- 1 tsp ground pistachio (to decorate, you can use any other ingredient you prefer such as other nuts, dried fruits or fruits).
- In a casserole, boil the milk with cardamom until it simmers.
- Add the rice and the sugar in the milk.
- Stir constantly at low heat for 30 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked and has softened, pour into a bowl.
- Decorate it with pistachios or any other ingredient you like.
2. Persian Pouding
This is a delicious Persian dessert. I love this dish. It is made with milk, corn flour and sugar. It is really easy and it is served cold.
What is corn flour?
It is a powdery flour made with cornmeal. It has a white color. It should not be confused with corn trash. Also , Corn flour has no taste and it is mostly used as a thickening agent. People used for sauces and for soups to make them more creamy with less fat. It can be found in a box in stores.
- 2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon corn flour a pinch of ground cardamom some grounded pistachio or any other nuts
- Add the milk and the cardamom in a casserole and boil the milk with cardamom until it simmers. Stir it for a few minutes so it is well mixed.
- When it is simmering, add the sugar and the corn flour to it. Put it in gentle flame and stir constantly to reach its desired concentration (thickness).
- When it is cooked, pour in the dishes of choice.
- Let it cool down for a while.
- When it is cooled down, add the nuts and other decoration ingredients of your choice.
Note: Some people also make it in different colors by adding food coloring. Other also like to add fruits or dried food.
Halva is a dish made of flour, oil, and water. It is a really delicious dish that is really good to serve as a breakfast. It is also very easy to prepare.
The amount of ingredient that is indicated here maybe a lot for one or two people so you can make them less according to how many people would be served.
- 2 cup flour
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 0.5 cups of cardamom water nuts to decorate
- Put the oil in a pan and let it heat on medium.
- Put the flour in the oil and start stir it in order to mix the oil and the flour. Lower the heat and put a lid on the pan in order to let the flour get a beautiful brown color. Meanwhile don't forget to stir it occasionally to prevent the burn of the flour. The amount of time you let it this way depend on the color of flour you want: if you want a light color let it for 10-20 minutes but if you want a really brown color let it for 30 minutes. I like a brown color Halva.
- On the other side, in a saucepan, put the water and the sugar and mix them well. Let it boil for a while but not a lot of time , because you don't want to reduce the amount of water you need.
- Add cardamom water on it. To make the cardamom water, you need to take a handful of cardamom that you put on boiling water and let it boil for a while. Pour it on a clean jar. You can use it for other dishes also.
- When your flour got the color you wanted, pour the syrup of water, sugar and cardamom on it. Meanwhile stir it to make sure it gets mixed very well.
- Let it boil but do not forget to stir it sometimes.
- When your halva is getting firm, put the tilde on it and let it cook for at least 10-20 minutes.
- When it is ready, you can pour it in a plate and decorate it with nuts.
About the Creator
A writer who is inspired by nature, love, friendship, justice, and beauty. A girl who loves to read and write poetry and create stories. A daydreamer and a human rights activist.
There are no comments for this story
Be the first to respond and start the conversation.