The food of India is considered full of spices, gravies, and curries. But, it’s not all the masalas in Indian cuisine. Food from south India is rich in black gram lentils, rice, and coconut chutneys. Vegetable soups, besan ka chila, chapatis, and yogurt are a few other items that can be eaten with fewer spices. If you are a non-Indian excited to try non-veg and veg food from India then choose from a list of Indian restaurants in Orlando offering authentic Indian food made with local and fresh ingredients. The cooking procedure to prepare dishes that you can consider ordering for your main meal is explained here-
Flavourous Dishes Cooking Recipes:
1.Shrimp Tikka Masala
Shrimp tikka masala is served as a one-pot seafood masala curry. Cooking this scrumptious shrimp curry will give you a dense, pleasant, and smooth gravy created of Indian spices and yogurt. Serve something unique for your Indian-themed dinner by preparing this shrimp dish.
With its lip-smacking authentic tikka masala sauce bursting with taste, you can now relish a restaurant-style curry at your house.
Ingredients & cooking procedure to prepare shrimp tikka
- For marinating the shrimp you will be utilizing ingredients like ginger, lemon, salt, and garlic paste. To prepare the masala gravy, temper some onion slices, cumin seeds, turmeric, ginger-garlic paste, and chili powder.
- Once this is done, create a base sauce with freshly mixed tomato paste or tomato, garam masala, and yogurt. The last step would be cooking the marinated shrimp in this tikka masala gravy for a few minutes.
- The outcome is a curry where the shrimp is covered in creamy and dense sauce like gravy, giving you just sufficient tang, heat, and warm taste from the spices used.
What to serve with shrimp tikka masala?
There are a few dishes that you can think of serving along with shrimp tikka masala.
Fresh crunchy salad, a bed of warm basmati rice, yellow rice(turmeric rice), regular white rice, and Indian ghee rice are a few dishes that can be served. Serve with parathas or naan bread.
A ready-made baguette sliced brushed with garlic oil and toasted or grilled tastes well with shrimp tikka masala.
2. Madras Fish Curry
Madras fish curry is a tomato and onion-based curry along with tamarind. Coconut is not utilized in this curry. tamarind gives this dish an amazing taste. This fish curry boasts of being versatile and has a tasty flavor.
With this curry, you needn’t be apprehensive about calories, fat content, or specifically Indian – a never-ending list of ingredients.
How to prepare madras fish curry
- In a kadai or wok, heat the oil add the mustard and fenugreek, and wait till they splutter.
- Then add the curry leaves, garlic, and onions and fry well till all are transparent.
- Add tomatoes and then ginger garlic paste. Saute nicely.
- Add the chili, turmeric powder, and coriander powder. Add the coriander leaves and green chilies.
- Saute well and when the oil stands on top, add the salt and tamarind juice.
- Boil the gravy for 10 minutes on sim and then put fish.
- Once fish is prepared remove and enhance with coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with rice.
3. Andhra Lamb Curry
The key to the taste of Andhra spicy mutton curry is the quantity of curry & coriander leaves used in it. It just makes the dish exotic and different. This might also be because of the additional taste in the older bones. Lamb is generally slaughtered so young that the bones are brittle whereas mutton has had the opportunity for the taste to form a bit and more.
- Cook in the pressure pan by adding 1 cup of water, salt, cumin seeds, and turmeric powder for about four to five whistles.
- Remove it and separate the mutton and water.
- In a pan fry the ingredients (cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves, cumin seeds, red chili, and whole black pepper, fennel seeds).
- Once it is cooled crush it into fine powder. And keep it aside.
- In the same pan saute onions till it turns brown in the mixture.
- Add the other ingredients (coriander leaves, coconut, and coriander powder).
- Crush it into a smooth paste.
- Take a big pan add onions, oil, and other things, and saute them till it turns transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute it for some minutes, add mutton, and saute them all collectively for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the salt, crumbled tomatoes, curry leaves, and turmeric powder. Cook them in heat for about 3-4 minutes in less heat.
- Add the ground mixture and a little water, stir them all collectively, and permit it to settle in the heat for about 5 -10 minutes.
- Decorate it with lemon juice and cilantro leaves.
Chicken Chettinad, Kerala pepper chicken, and seekh kabab are a few other dishes that you can expect on the menus of Indian Restaurant Orlando.
There are a range of authentic Indian dishes that you can try in Indian restaurants in Orlando. Shrimp tikka masala and madras curry are some dishes that you can try. Their recipes are mentioned in the blog above.