7 tips to help you through depression
These tips helped me through difficult time.
10 ways that will help you when your suffering from depression.
I have been suffering from depression for a long time these tips helped me through a difficult point in my life. I would like to share them with you. I would like to think I've been able to help somebody.
I know it can be very lonely as it's very difficult to talk to somebody when your going through depression. The thoughts in your head get to much and it's sometimes to difficult to crack out of it. Here are some tips that helped me along my journey:
1. Be more active- This can keep your mind occupied. It can stop you thinking about what is in your mind. It lets a good enzyme of in your mind telling you everything is going to be ok. It can be a great way to keep good mental and physically health. It is also great to try and get yourself out the house and enjoy the fresh air so that your not in the same place as this isn't great for your health. Try and start of nice and slowly working your way up to a decent amount of time exercising.
2. Face your fears- think about all the good things in your life. Try and stay positive. Write them down and keep on reading them back to yourself. Keep praising yourself because to get to this start your doing great. Try and talk to somebody too. This can be a great way of expressing your feelings and getting things of your mind. Always remember there's always people around you to help you through a difficult situation.
3. Don't drink too much alcohol- For some people, alcohol can become a problem. You may drink more than usual as a way of coping with or hiding your emotions, or just to fill time. But alcohol won't help you solve your problems and could also make you feel more depressed.
4. Eat a healthy diet if it's possible- Some people don't feel like eating when they're depressed and are at risk of becoming underweight. Others find comfort in food and can put on excess weight.
5. Try and have a routine- When people feel down, they can get into poor sleep patterns, staying up late and sleeping during the day. Try to get up at your normal time and stick to your routine as much as possible. Not having a routine can affect your eating. Try to carry on cooking and eating regular meals.
6. Try and keep your mind happy with something that you enjoy doing with your time- This will make your day go faster. It will be more enjoyable for you and you will be doing something you love which I'm sure will make you feel better.
7. Try and get the right amount of sleep- This can help you to wake up feeling more refreshed and ready for the day. Try and get straight up instead of lumbering in your bed. This isn't great for anybody. Keep your self busy on a morning and get on with your great day.
I hope some of these tips have helped you with your journey with depression or feeling down. We all have bad patches in our life and I'm sure we can all get through the other side. Take care of your self and keep on smiling through your difficult time.
I think it's great If you have people around you to go through your journey as it gives you some self worth. It helps you think that you have got so much to live for In your life. People do help so much and you deserve to be on this planet too.
Please go and check out my other content and future content. It would be much appreciated and I hope things are better in the future. Just think there's a better future For everybody.