There are a lot of people who would give a lot to increase their metabolism. Having a high level of metabolism enables one to maintain burn fat and lose weight fast with the least amount of activity.
Metabolism is the rate by which the body produces and consumes energy and calories to support life.
There are several factors that affect the metabolism of a person, such as the amount of muscle tissue, the frequency of the meals one consumes, genetics, stress levels, personal diet and activity levels.
Metabolism slows down, in most cases, due to the following: loss of muscle because of not enough physical activity, the tendency of the body to cannibalize its own tissue because there is not enough food energy to sustain it, and the decrease of physical activity that comes naturally with old age.
Do any of these reasons sound familiar?
Well, here are some quick tips to help you boost your metabolism.
11 Ways To Fire Up Your Metabolism
1. Build lean body mass. It's only natural that metabolism decreases along with age, but it is possible to counter the effects. The amount of muscle a person has is a very strong determinant in the ability to burn calories and shed fat.
So it goes without saying that exercise is essential. Build strength and resistance by working out at least twice a week, preferably with weights.
Do easy exercises in between workouts. Simple tasks such as walking the dog and using the stairs in place of the elevator can already take off calories.
The key is to match the amount of eating to the amount of activity one has. Here are some guidelines in getting the right exercise:
For strength training
- Increase the number of repetitions of a particular exercise.
- Add the level of resistance
- Utilize advance exercise techniques if possible
For cardiovascular training
- Insert intervals between exercises
- Perform cross-training and combine the exercises
- Add up on resistance and speed
2. Eat breakfast. A lot of people are ignoring the fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Surprisingly, the ones who eat breakfast are thinner than the ones who do not. Metabolism can slow down considerably if breakfast is taken during mid-morning or if one waits until the afternoon to eat.
3. Avoid sugar or limit sugar intake. Sugar enables the body to store fat. It is recommended that a person consumes food that helps sustain an even level of blood sugar.
Additionally, progressive exercise 2-3 times a week should be in order to stabilize blood sugar.
4. Eat spicy foods. Hot cuisine with peppers can increase metabolism.
5. Sleep more. According to research, it is riskier for people who do not get enough sleep to gain weight. Also, muscles are regenerated during the last couple of hours of slumber.
6. Increase water intake. Water flushes out toxins that are produced whenever the body burns fat.
The majority of bodily functions involves water, and lack of water causes the body system's operations to decrease its speed, and produces unneeded stress as a result.
7. Eat smaller meals. It is advisable to consume 4 to 6 small meals that are timed 2 to 3 hours apart.
8. Never skip meals. People tend to skip meals in order to lose weight, which is a big mistake since it slows down metabolism.
9. Plan meals in detail. Always prepare the right amount of food to be consumed at the designated intervals. Do not commit the mistake of eating meals in sporadic patterns.
10. Limit stress. Stress, be it physical or emotional, triggers the release of a steroid called cortisol, which decreases metabolism. Also, people tend to eat excessively when stressed.
11. Guzzle up on green tea. It can be used as a substitute for coffee. Tea has the ability to stimulate metabolism, and unlike coffee, it has no undesirable side effects when too much is consumed.
Bonus Tip: Include more energy foods in the diet, such as fruits and vegetables, beans, and whole grains.
Achieving the desired body weight is never impossible if one has the determination and patience needed to stabilize the metabolism level, which plays an important role in weight loss.
Exercising, eating healthy, lowering stress isn't always easy but it is possible!
For ideas on what foods will improve your quality of life, check out Foods That Boost Immune System.
About the Creator
The Vitamin Hippo offers products for Women's Health, Men's Health, Sexual Health, Anti-Aging, Skin Care, Hair Products. FREE Shipping on Select Orders. Helping You Live Your Best Life 🤍
The Vitamin Hippo https://www.VitaminHippo.com/