BodyTite Liposuction Pre- and Post-Operative Tips
BodyTite in NYC helps men and women achieve attractive, natural looking body contouring results – without surgery or incisions.
Accumulation of subcutaneous adipose tissue or fatty deposits, as they are commonly referred to, is a common aesthetic concern among men and women.Most people end up frustrated when even strenuous exercise and diets fail to get rid of this fat. Liposuction surgery can remove these stubborn layers of fat effectively, but involves incisions and scars, and also leaves behind loose or sagging skin. BodyTite liposuction surgery is a safe minimally invasive procedure that provides efficient removal of fat along with superior skin tightening effects. Established plastic surgeons in AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practices in NYC use the BodyTite liposuction device to perform various body contouring procedures.
BodyTite offers surgical quality results similar to liposuction -- without complex surgical techniques or lengthy recovery time. This minimally invasive procedure uses patented radiofrequency assisted lipolysis (RFAL) technology to liquefy stubborn fat cells and gently remove unwanted fat from the body. It coagulates the blood vessels, tightens the skin, and encourages the production of collagen, which improves the skin’s texture. BodyTite can effectively address fat in various areas such as the face, chin, neck, abdomen, breasts, chest, saddle bags, upper arms, buttocks, back, ankle, love handles, hips, inner and outer thighs and knees.
Who is an Ideal Candidate for the Procedure?
An ideal candidate for BodyTite liposuction procedure is a healthy person with significant areas of fat and skin. Other criteria that determine a person’s candidature for the procedure include –
• Troublesome areas of fat (that persist even after strenuous exercise and rigorous diet)
• Must be in good health and physically active
• Close to their ideal body weight
• Moderate skin laxity
• Non smokers
• Realistic expectations about the procedure
The procedure is not ideal or recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, people with skin infections or allergies to local anesthetics, and those with autoimmune diseases.
Pre- and Post-Operative Tips
Following your plastic surgeon’s pre- and post-operative instructions carefully can help maximize the results of your BodyTite liposuction procedure. Here are some tips to follow before and after BodyTite liposuction –
• Patients need to undergo preliminary examination and other tests as suggested by the surgeon several weeks before the procedure. These tests include – blood tests, electrocardiogram, or X-rays of the lungs.
• Patients need to be healthy and close to their ideal body weight (as this will lead to good results).
• Patients need to discuss with the plastic surgeon about all the medications that they are currently consuming and follow their advice on them. Medications that contain ibuprofen or aspirin should be avoided so as to minimize the risk of bruising and swelling.
• Patients need to also inform their surgeon about any specific allergies that they suffer.
• Patients need to avoid alcohol and quit smoking at least two weeks before the surgery as it can affect the healing process.
• Avoid overexposure to the sun before and after the procedure
• Patients, if they develop a cold or infection prior to the procedure, need to inform their surgeon as the surgery may need to be postponed.
• Arrange for someone to drive patients back home after the procedure.
• Most patients return to normal activities within a few days. It’s important to avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercise until healing is complete.
• Wear a compression garment for at least one week after the surgery.
• To alleviate post-procedural pain or discomfort, take the pain medications your surgeon prescribes
• Keep your follow-up appointments.
• If you notice anything unusual at the treatment site or during the healing phase, contact your plastic surgeon immediately.
Surgical results and speed of recovery generally depend on factors such as the treated area, amount of fat removed, and other individual considerations. Larger areas usually require a longer recovery time. Initial results can be seen immediately after the procedure and the best results are usually visible after 6-12 weeks.
If you considering undergo BodyTite liposuction surgery in NYC, choose a reputable, AAAASF-accredited surgery practice with surgeons who are experts in performing this RFAL procedure. In a reliable practice, patients can expect strict adherence to safety protocols and personalized attention and care, right from the initial consultation up to complete recovery.