How to Tell a Girl You Like Her Without Getting Rejected
How should I tell a girl I like her? 5 Ways
Do you have a long-time friend you'd like to ask out? Maybe she's a girl in your class that you've been wanting to get close to for years, but you don't know how. Whatever the situation, you can help her fall in love with you the way you fell in love with her. By knowing the right strategies, you can tell a girl you like her without getting rejected.
First thing : tell them how you feel
1. Observe her reaction by complimenting her.
You don't have to go into romantic mode right away. Test her reactions to your compliments and kindness. If she smiles, blushes, looks slightly embarrassed or responds with similar words, she probably understands what you're trying to do.
- Listen to her, "Hi, tell me what you did today!"
- Give her gifts and things she likes: "I brought you a little gift that made me remember you."
- Make an effort to see her, even for short periods of time: "I have to go near your house tonight, would you like to go for a drink on my way home?"
2. Talk to her when you want to tell her your feelings.
When you tell her how you feel, don't do it when there are lots of people around. This will make her feel uncomfortable and trapped, which may cause her to give you an answer that is contrary to how she feels. Take her to a nice, quiet place and make sure she feels relaxed before you tell her how you feel.
- "Hi, Maria, I wanted to ask you something in private. Do you have a moment?"
- "Maria, would you like to go for a walk, I'd like to talk to you about something."
- "Hey, Maria, can we meet for a second?"
3. Tell her briefly that you value your friendship.
Tell them that you enjoy their company and that you have a lot of fun together. Don't linger to get to the topic at hand faster.
- "You know it's incredibly interesting to talk with you, right?"
- "I'm really glad we got to know each other better this year."
- "You know I can tell you anything. You are an incredible friend."
4. Take a deep breath and tell her how you feel.
This is the hardest part, but if you take a deep breath, count to three and let it out, you'll feel much better. As long as it comes from the heart, you can feel proud of your courage.
- "I love you very much."
- "I just wanted you to know that I love you very much."
- "Maria, I can't pretend I don't have feelings for you anymore. You're too amazing to leave anyone indifferent."
- "I really like our friendship. But I'd like us to be more than friends."
5. Don't put her on the spot if she needs time.
She may be caught off guard by your feelings and need time to deal with her own. Give her time.
- "You don't have to feel the same way, but I really wanted to tell you that I love you very much."
- "I don't want you to feel uncomfortable or pressured! I just want you to know how I feel."
- "I know this is a lot to digest in one sitting. Obviously, I've had a lot more time to think about it than you have. But I'm here for you if you want to talk about it more."
6. Ask her out.
Set up a day and time for the date. If she agrees, make it "official" by having a nice evening together.
- "I'm really happy when I'm with you and I want a chance to make you as happy as I am. Would you like to go out to dinner on Friday and give me that chance?"
- "I would be really honored if you would give me the chance to get to know you better. Would you like to come with me to see the video game art exhibit this weekend?"
- "Hey, I have tickets to the game this weekend. I would love for you to come with me so we can have more time to talk together, you and I."
7. Avoid drama and big romantic outbursts.
All the subterfuge and talk in the movies doesn't really work in real life. Just be yourself and be simple, that's all you need to express how you feel. Here are several things you should refrain from.
- "I love you." It's way too early for this, especially if this is the first time she's heard about your feelings.
- "I don't want to be friends if you don't want to date me." This kind of ultimatum creates a trap that will make her very uncomfortable. It's not the most romantic gesture ever.
- "I've loved you for months." Stay as cool as possible. You want her to feel welcome and safe, not pressured all at once.
- "I love that you love bees and honey, like the wind on the sea and blah blah blah..." Keep it simple and direct.
Second thing: Being friends, how?
1. Spend time together in a group.
Make friends with a girl by getting into her social circle. Join the clubs she attends or go to parties or outings where she will also be. Let her recognize your face, talk to her more and more often and you'll be friends before you know it.
2. Really get to know her.
Know her likes and dislikes, her little flaws and her deepest fears. This will set you up for success, girls don't like to date a guy just because he thinks they are pretty. They want someone who really wants to get to know them. Discuss topics like religion, politics, where she grew up, her family and other important topics. Talk about silly things too!
She needs to get to know you too. Start friendly discussions and let her talk as much as possible without forgetting to speak up from time to time.
3. Try her passions and let her try yours.
Support her in the things she likes to do. Learn about her hobbies and you might even enjoy them. Even if you don't usually do this, go to plays or shows she participates in. She needs to feel that you understand the things that make her happy. You should also show her that you like the things she likes. Passion is contagious and very attractive.
4. Be a good friend.
Establish yourself as a good friend by being there for her when she's going through a hard time, helping her with her problems when you can, making her laugh and making her happier by finding activities you can enjoy together. Don't be afraid to be her friend, if you are truly compatible, it doesn't matter how long your friendship lasts, she will respond favorably to your feelings.
Third thing: Create a link
1. Build trust between you.
You need to build trust. Be faithful before you even ask her out and never let her catch you flirting or spending time with other girls. Tell her your secrets and if she tells you hers, keep them to yourself. Don't judge her or make fun of the things she tells you. She should feel like she can tell you anything.
2. Spend quality one-on-one time.
If you want her to start developing romantic feelings for you, you're going to have to spend time together where you can really focus on each other. Invite her to come with you when you have things to do, not for a date, just a friendly outing. You can also ask her to come over to your house to do something together, like watch a movie she hasn't seen, try out a video game, etc.
3. Let her know that she is amazing.
She needs to feel good when you are together. Make her feel important and good about herself. Compliment her, never put her down and always encourage her to work on her goals. Tell her when you see her doing something right, even if it's something small like helping someone else.
4. Give her space.
Many people avoid relationships for many reasons, including the fear that it will prevent them from being themselves. They think they will lose all their free time and friends or that others will see them differently. Set yourself apart from others by helping her understand that she doesn't have to be afraid of this with you. Keep your own activities and help her find fun things to do on her own.
Fourth thing: Getting better
1. Try and try again.
If she says no, it's not the end of the world. You will feel sad, but you will find someone else. You don't want to try to force feelings or a relationship between you. You deserve someone who loves you as much as you love them. It's not your fault that your feelings aren't reciprocated and it's not his either, some people just aren't compatible. You can, however, make an effort to ensure that the next time you have feelings for a girl, you'll be on top of it. This is the best way to ensure that she develops the same feelings as you.
2. Tell her face to face if possible.
It can be scary, but you should tell her in person how you feel. If you text her, email her, ask a friend to do it, or use some other indirect method, you will come across as childish and not really caring about her.
3. Take care of yourself.
When you don't take care of yourself, you show others that you don't think you're worth loving. You are amazing and you should treat yourself like it! Respect yourself and take care of your body. Wash regularly, put on deodorant and wear clean clothes that fit well.
4. Do things in your life.
No one wants to date someone who does nothing and is nothing. Show girls that you are an interesting and well-rounded person by getting off the couch and doing things. Play sports, learn something new, join a club, focus on your school work, do anything that makes you happy.
5. Work to help others.
You want girls who hear about you or get to know you to know that you are a good person. Work on your personality if you tend to be too self-centered, always be kind to others and you might even try volunteering. These kinds of things attract compatible girls you want to date.
6. Learn interesting skills.
If you're not too busy, you could still attract girls' interest with your amazing skills or talents. If you don't already excel in an area, take the opportunity to learn something new! This will help you with girls while being very satisfying in the long run.
7. Make sure she is available.
It might require you to get to know her better or secretly reveal your plans to her friends, but if she already has her sights set on another guy, she might not be very receptive to your feelings. Even if she has feelings for another boy, you can still try. Just be prepared for her to say no.
Fifth thing: Learn more
1. Learn how to ask her out.
Not everyone is good at asking girls out. If you're afraid to ask her out because you don't know what to say, don't worry. It's a lot easier than it looks.
2. Be confident.
Confidence is a very important thing when you want to ask out a girl you like. It's an attractive quality in almost everyone and it's a skill you need to master if you want to seduce a girl.
3. Learn to have good conversations.
If you want a girl to develop strong feelings for you, it will often depend on the quality of your conversations. Get better at starting and maintaining conversations to make her want to see you more often.
- Be polite to her friends. Don't be too nice or she'll think you're flirting with her friends.
- Give her a hand. If you see she is carrying something heavy, pick it up and help her carry it if she wants.
- Don't nag her with questions. This will make her think you don't respect her opinion.
- Don't tell your best friend that you are in love with her if he is also in love with the same girl.
- Just be yourself. If she doesn't like you, that's not a problem, you'll find someone who will like you for the person you are.
- If you have trouble talking to her, look over her shoulder and she'll think you're looking at her.
- If you're desperate, meet a girl at school you like, ask her out to dinner, get to know her, pop the question and everything will be fine.
- Just say how you feel and if she says no, be gallant and leave her alone. It is often said that if you love someone or something, you have to let it go.
- Don't move too fast. Move slowly. Learn as much as you can about her, have fun with her, spend quality time together and talk. Don't jump the gun by telling her you like her, it won't work. Don't pressure her either.
- Don't text her several times a day or call her too often. She might think you're obsessed or desperate.
- Tell her you like her in person. Don't call or text her, tell her face to face. It might sound scary, but you'll make it more important and easier to talk about.
- If you kiss her or ask her out too soon, you'll ruin your chances.
About the Creator
Sharing the best self-improvement tips and personal growth ideas that will help you build a fulfilling life.
There are no comments for this story
Be the first to respond and start the conversation.