13 Easy Ways To Know If A Girl Secretly Has Feelings For You
13 Signs She Loves You But Hiding Her Feelings For You
Would you like to be more than her friend? It is so hard to read a girl's mind. Does she like you? Does she only see you as a friend? Does she even know you exist? Don't panic! We'll help you decode her words and actions. Here are all the signs and secrets you need to determine how she really feels about you!
1. She seeks your gaze, plays with her hair, etc.
Her body language will quickly betray her secret. If a girl likes you, she will not behave with you as she does with her friends. She will either be very focused on you or somewhat nervous and agitated. Here are some signs that she probably likes you.
- She holds your gaze or looks away immediately.
- She smiles a lot at you.
- She plays with her hair while talking to you.
- Licks her lips when she looks at you.
- She plays nervously with her fingers in your presence.
- She blushes in front of you.
- She seems very concerned about her appearance.
- She leans toward you.
- She points her toes at you.
2. She uses a lot of emojis in her text messages
Girls love emojis. They use them more with boys they like. Read over your text messages and see if you notice a lot of little drawings. If so, it could be a sign that she likes you. However, it could also mean that she likes emojis. So look for other signs if you still don't dare ask her out.
Some emojis are more seduction-oriented than others! If she sends you a heart, heart-eyes, or winking smiley face, chances are she likes you.
3. She laughs at your jokes
Tell her a corny joke and see if she laughs. Memorize a few good-natured jokes to tell her the next time you see her. You could also text your jokes to her and see if she responds with an emoji, a GIF, a comment, like "too funny!" Here are some jokes to try.
- "What's small, round, green, up and down? A pea in an elevator."
- "What do you call an old cotton candy? Grandpa's cotton candy."
- "What is the magicians' favorite bread? The baguette."
- "What is yellow and runs very fast? A squeezed lemon."
4. She tells you that she is single
She will want you to know this so she can ask you out. Pay attention to what she says to you so that you notice when she mentions her love status. Here are some examples of what she might say to you.
- "I'm single."
- "All my friends are in relationships and I'm all alone."
- "I wonder if I'll ever meet someone.
- "It's been so long since I've been out with someone."
- "I still haven't found a date for Saturday night."
5. She replicates your actions
If she likes you, she will mimic your expressions and gestures. Make a small gesture and see if she copies you. If she does, it could mean that she likes you. Here are some suggestions.
- Nod your head.
- Cross your legs.
- Interlace your fingers.
- Raise your eyebrows.
6. She gets excited about your compliments
Give her a compliment and see how she reacts. You could do it in person or by text. Tell her you loved her choice of clothing for the day or that you are very impressed with something she did. If she seems extremely happy about the comment or returns the compliment, she may have feelings for you.
Say something like, "That outfit looks great on you!", "You were amazing at karaoke last night!" or "You are the funniest person I know!"
7. She keeps the conversation going
Start a conversation to gauge her interest. In person or via text message, start a discussion by asking her questions about herself, her interests or current events. A girl who likes you will want to continue your conversation and will ask you about your plans. Here are some questions to try.
- "What movie should I watch on Netflix and why?"
- "What is your favorite thing about this city?"
- "Do you have any secret talents?"
- "I'm looking for a book to read. What are your recommendations?"
- "Who is your favorite superhero?"
- "What is your dream job?
- "How is your project coming along?
- "What did you think of the movie you watched yesterday?"
8. She likes to touch you
Touch her and see how she reacts. Certainly don't try to touch a girl you barely know. However, when the time seems right, try brushing up against her arm or leaning in. If you are friends or just acquaintances, try hugging her to see if she is receptive. If she returns your hug or touches your back, it's a sign that she likes you.
- Start with a very light gesture, like brushing against her or sitting next to her and see if she distances herself or not.
- You could also ask her for a hug. Say, "It's good to see you! A hug?"
- If she pulls away or her body tenses up, she may just see you as a friend. Give her some space so she doesn't feel uncomfortable.
9. She remembers details about you
If she likes you, she will remember what you say. Remember what you talk about with her. Then bring up topics you've already talked about. If she remembers what you said, it's a sign that she likes you.
For example, let's say you really like superhero movies and a new Marvel movie has just come out. You might say, "I can't wait to go to the movies this weekend. Guess what I'm going to see?"
Or you might have told her about your dog's annoying habit of running away. You could then send him a picture of your pet outside the door, with the caption "Guess what he's trying to do?"
10. She wants to know everything about you and tell you everything about her
Open up to her and see if she does the same. You don't have to tell her your darkest secrets, but tell her something that not everyone knows about you. Tell her some personal stories and talk about your goals and interests. Also, encourage her to share her thoughts with you.
15] For example, tell her that you dreamed of being an astronaut when you were a child or tell her about the time you almost drowned.
After you tell them a story, try to get them to open up. Say something like, "That's why I'm so obsessed with space. What did you want to be when you were a kid?"
11. She tells her friends about you
Does she keep talking about you? It's good that she likes you. That means her friends will know your name and lots of information about you. Talk to her friends and see what they have to say. Here are some signs that she's all about you!
- They all know your name, even if it's the first time you've met them.
- They know things about you that you have never told them.
- They tell you about her.
- They ask you what you think of her.
12. She seems to want to be more than just your friend
Tell her that you would like to be more than her friend. Then analyze her reaction. It's very scary to be so direct, but it will keep you from ending up in the dreaded friend zone. Either she's not interested and will distance herself, or she'll tell you that she likes you too. Only do this if you really want to be more than just her friend.
You could say, "You're such an interesting girl and I love spending time with you. I want you to know that I'm not just interested in you as a friend."
Or, "You're really cool and I was hoping we could spend some time together this weekend. I'd like to know you as more than just a friend."
13. She agrees to go out with you
Go ahead and ask her out on a date. This is scary, but it will ensure that she likes you. If you're really nervous, ask her out via text message. She might say no, but you can focus your attention on someone you have a chance with.
For example, say, "Hi, are you free for coffee Thursday afternoon? I'd love to get to know you better" or "I feel like I always get close to you on group dates. Would you like to go out to dinner sometime, just the two of us?"
Text her something like, "My cousin is having a birthday party this weekend. Would you like to go with me?" or "That new Italian restaurant just opened. Do you want to go to dinner this Friday?"
- Don't settle for just one of these signs. Look for more than one, so you can be really sure you like her.
- It's best to be clear and direct about your feelings. Otherwise, she'll think you're just friends.
About the Creator
Sharing the best self-improvement tips and personal growth ideas that will help you build a fulfilling life.
There are no comments for this story
Be the first to respond and start the conversation.