Questions That Can Bring You Closer
Through simple questions sprinkled throughout your time together, you can grow closer to your lover than ever before.
Often, couples long to come closer to one another, to know one another intimately and intrinsically, but often they do not know the ways to bring one another closer together. Words often fail to relay this. Direct confrontation by way of conversations leaves dangling threads that accomplish little of your goals.
But the truth--the beautiful truth--is that grand unification between you and your lover can be achieved not through forceful confrontation and tears, but through the simple nothing questions. Through simple questions--light follies, really--you can grow closer to your lover than ever before.
- Do you prefer winter or summer?
- So what Hogwarts House do you belong to, and why, if it isn't Ravenclaw, are you wrong?
- What did you think about (insert movie/TV show/book you saw your partner watching/reading)?
- Do you want me to try anything different in bed tonight?
- Do you think I should do something different with my hair?
- What sort of cartoons did you watch growing up? (Reminisce nostalgically.)
- What book did you hate reading in high school? What book did you have to read that you ended up enjoying?
- Do you ever have doubts about things? Like, that things won't work out?
- I always feel as though you have everything under control, like you're such an adult. Silly, I know. Do you think I'm someone you can lean on, or am I just as stupid as I think I am?
- Have you ever had an urge to just punch a clown in their big, red noses?
- What scared you as a kid?
- Did you play video games growing up? If so... Nintendo or Sega? Yes, this question is important! Don't laugh!
- Do you believe we grow up, or just forget that we're all kids?
- Why was John Lennon the worst Beatle?
- Do you ever wonder if the characters in musicals rehearse all those songs and dances before they just do them like that?
- Do you ever try to figure out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
- Do you like watching black and white movies late at night? Or does the knowledge that everyone on-screen is dead disturb you?
- Did you ever smoke weed?
- Do you ever watch foreign movies?
- When was the last time you cried? When was the last time you cried watching a movie?
- Where was the last place you threw up? Did you make it to the bathroom in time?
- When you're laying in bed, do you ever wonder what the point of everything is?
- Did you ever watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and wonder what Michelangelo's pepperoni and marshmallow pizza tasted like?
- What do you believe happens when we die?
- Do you ever read poetry?
- Did you ever get angry at a book before? Why?
- Have you ever wanted to go to the theater with me to see a play?
- What is the worst band, and why is it not Nickleback?
- Would you rather drink coffee, tea, or hot chocolate with mocha sprinkles?
- Did a comedian ever offend you with their jokes?
- Did you ever walk out of a movie in a huff? Which movie?
- Did a song ever leave you feeling hollow and empty on the inside?
- What do you hate that everyone else loves?
- How old were you when you realized that things wouldn't always go your way?
- Did you ever hate someone with all your heart?
- Do you love me?