Periods, though natural, can often be a hassle to deal with. However, with the advent of innovative menstrual products, women now have more choices than ever to manage their periods comfortably and sustainably. One such revolutionary product is the vaginal cup. SheCups, a leading brand in menstrual cups, offers an environmentally friendly and reliable solution for women seeking a hassle-free and eco-conscious period experience. In this article, we will delve into the world of vaginal cups and guide you on how to clean your menstrual cup after use for optimal hygiene.
What is a Vaginal Cup?
A vaginal cup, also known as a menstrual cup, is a bell-shaped, reusable device made of medical-grade silicone or latex. It is designed to be inserted into the vagina to collect menstrual fluid, offering a leak-free and comfortable alternative to traditional pads and tampons. The cup is worn internally, forming a seal to prevent leakage and can be worn for up to 12 hours, depending on your flow. SheCups provides a range of sizes and styles to ensure a perfect fit for every woman.
Why Choose SheCups?
SheCups stands out among other menstrual vaginal cup brands due to its commitment to quality, comfort, and sustainability. Made from 100% medical-grade silicone, SheCups are hypoallergenic, safe, and long-lasting. Their soft and flexible design ensures a comfortable fit, making them virtually undetectable when worn correctly. With proper care, a SheCup can last for several years, saving you money and reducing your environmental impact. It's a win-win!
Cleaning Your SheCup for Optimal Hygiene
Maintaining proper hygiene is crucial when using a menstrual cup. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean your SheCup after each use:
1. Empty the Cup: When it's time to remove your cup, start by washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Gently pull the cup down until you can reach the base. Empty the contents of the cup into the toilet.
2. Rinse with Cold Water: Rinse the SheCup with cold water to remove any residual blood. Avoid using hot water, as it can cause the blood to coagulate and make cleaning more difficult.
3. Wash with Mild Soap: After rinsing, wash the cup with a mild, unscented soap specifically designed for intimate use. Make sure to clean the entire cup, including the rim, holes, and stem. Rub the soap gently to remove any stubborn stains or odors.
4. Sterilize the Cup: To ensure proper sterilization, boil your SheCup in a pot of water for 5-10 minutes. Use a dedicated pot or container for this purpose to avoid cross-contamination. Allow the cup to cool before storing it in a breathable pouch or container.
5. Repeat Before Use: Before your next cycle, repeat the cleaning process described above. It's essential to sterilize your SheCup before each use to maintain hygiene and prevent any potential infections.
Remember, maintaining good menstrual cup hygiene is crucial for your well-being. If you're in a public restroom and unable to boil your cup, you can use a menstrual cup wipe or rinse it with clean water before reinserting it.
Experience the Freedom with SheCups
SheCups is revolutionizing the way women experience their periods. With their comfortable and eco-friendly menstrual cups, women can enjoy leak-free protection for hours, contributing to a cleaner environment and healthier lifestyle. Reading this article and understanding the process of how to clean menstrual cup it has become easier to use it. By following proper cleaning and sterilization practices, you can enjoy a worry-free and hygienic period experience with SheCups.
Make the switch to SheCups and join the movement towards sustainable period care today!