A delicious comfort food for the entire family.
The longer I spend as a family engagement influencer, the more I realize how broad the area is. I remain dedicated to igniting family engagement in education. However, I also accentuate the importance of parents strengthening the bond that they share with their children within their family unit.
The kitchen is the heart of the home. It is the place for the family to gather together build their relationship by communicating with one another. It is also the place to spend time together by preparing and sharing meals.
In the spirit of increasing family communication, love, support, and acceptance, I would like to share a special recipe that my daughter and I enjoy preparing and eating together. I hope that your family enjoys this special recipe, too.
Be sure to watch me demonstrate this recipe on the video at the end of this story.
This contemporary recipe put a new spin on a traditional dish. Your entire family can help prepare it.
Here is the unique recipe.
1. Prepare your favorite meat sauce or marinara sauce.
2. Break one box of uncooked spaghetti into small pieces. (This will help make the pasta manageable as you form it into a pie pan.) Cook and drain the pasta.
3. Place the pasta in a large bowl. Add two beaten eggs, 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, and 2 to 3 tablespoons of Italian seasoning; blend well.
4. Spray three pie pans with cooking oil. Press the pasta mix into each pie pan to create a crust.
5. Spread 1 to 2 cups of sauce over the bottom of each pie shell; do not cover the sides with the sauce.
6. Sprinkle shredded Italian cheese on top of the sauce; add the desired amount.
7. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes. Let the pie sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
8. Serve with your favorite side dishes like a tossed salad, fresh fruit, and garlic rolls. And enjoy!
Uncooked spaghetti pies may be covered securely with plastic wrap and foil and placed in the freezer. Each can be preserved for up to one year. When you are ready to prepare the frozen pie, place it in the oven set at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Then, bake as instructed above.
Your children will enjoy spaghetti pie as a snack or as a main dish. This recipe can be taken in your lunch along with fresh vegetables and another side dish.
The Final Word
It’s a wonderful thing to spend time with your family in the kitchen. Memories are always created when cooking together and enjoying delicious meals.
Spaghetti Pie is the perfect dish that engages the entire family.
I have attached the video version of this story in the link shown below.
Dr. Deborah M. Vereen is shown above, demonstrating Spaghetti Pie on her “Ignite Family Engagement” YouTube channel.
Whether you suddenly developed the desire to try this tasty recipe for your family or if this story delighted you, consider sharing it on your social media platforms. Also, please consider adding a tip to help fund my work to increase family engagement in education.
I am also a content creator on YouTube. Be sure to visit my "Ignite Family Engagement" channel to view my videos related to the role of parents in education. Here is the link:
This story was originally published on Medium.com.
As a mom, former family and consumer sciences teacher, and school administrator, I write about parenting, family, and education topics. Visit www.Drdeborahmvereen.com to view my work as a family engagement influencer & my YouTube channel!