Recipe: vegan Snickerscake!
Have you ever tasted a vegan Snickerscake? In this article you can read how to make it yourself!
All you have to do is open Instagram and the banana breads, cinnamon rolls, cupcakes and other baked goods will fly right over your head. Very tasty of course, but you are now ready for an innovative recipe. And that's where we come in. This vegan and gluten-free Snicker Cake recipe is amazing. Believe us, you want to make this today.
Snickers and cake, do we need to say more? A golden combination. Plus, note that this cake has no less than three layers and we are done.
Vegan and gluten-free snicker cake
This recipe comes from vegan bakery Willem-Pie Bakery from Amsterdam. The cake is vegan and gluten-free. And who says a vegan pie can't be just as tasty as a regular pie? Exactly. With this recipe from Willem Pie Bakery you can make this Snickerstaart (Dutch for Snickerscake) at home. What are you waiting for?
- Spring form of 25 cm
- Food processor
- A large pan and a smaller pan
Ingredients for the Snickerstaart
It's a bit of a puzzle to find out what you need in terms of ingredients, but it's totally worth it. The cake has three layers: a brownie bottom, a second layer of chocolate mousse and a third layer of peanut caramel. I know, it makes you hungry. You will need this:
First layer: brownie bottom
- 75 grams of buckwheat flour
- 25 grams of almond flour
- 120 grams of cocoa powder
- 4 grams of baking powder
- 150 grams of coconut blossom sugar
- 2 grams of salt
- 150 ml of soy milk
- 100 ml of sunflower oil
- 1 small banana
Second layer: chocolate mousse
- 200 grams of silk tofu
- 100 ml of coconut milk
- 120 grams of extra dark chocolate
- 80 grams of cocoa
- 50 grams of date syrup
- 2 grams of salt
Third layer: peanut caramel
- 100 grams of cashew nuts
- 50 ml of soy milk
- 70 grams of peanut butter
- 50 grams of soft dates (for example from Yogi & Youssef)
- 1 gram of salt
The topping: Dark chocolate ganache
- 100 grams of dark chocolate (chopped into small pieces)
- 100 ml of coconut milk
- Roasted peanuts
This is how you make the Snickerstaart
The preparation method differs per layer, so it is best to work per layer and then stack it. Shopping list complete? Then you can now start preparing.
The brownie bottom (first layer)
1. Line the bottom of a spring form with baking paper and grease the edges with oil or baking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
3. Mix the dry ingredients: buckwheat and almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, coconut blossom sugar and salt.
4. Mix the soy milk and sunflower oil together.
5. Mash the banana well (or even better: mash with the hand blender or in the food processor) and mix well with the soy milk and sunflower oil.
6. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well with a spatula.
7. Divide the brownie batter over the spring form and bake for 25 minutes.
8. While the bottom is in the oven, you can make the second and third layers of the cake.
9. After 25 minutes, remove the cake from the oven, let it cool well and put it in the freezer.
The chocolate mousse (second layer)
10. Melt the chocolate "au bain-marie" (put chocolate in a small pan and put boiling water in a larger pan)
11. Meanwhile, mix the rest of the ingredients in a food processor.
12. When the chocolate has melted, add it to the mousse in the machine and let it continue to run.
13. Place the mousse in the refrigerator
The peanut caramel (third layer)
14. Place the cashew nuts with the soy milk in the food processor and run until completely smooth.
15. Add the peanut butter, dates and salt and turn into a peanut "caramel".
16. Place the caramel in the refrigerator.
17. When the brownie base is cold, take it out of the freezer.
18. Grease the edges of the springform tin with oil or baking spray and stick a strip of baking paper against it.
19. Brush the brownie base with the chocolate mousse and return the mold to the freezer. Read a book, take a walk or do some shopping because the cake should now be in the freezer for at least an hour.
20. After an hour (when the chocolate mousse is (almost) frozen), you can carefully spread the caramel over the chocolate mousse.
21. Put the cake back in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
The topping: dark chocolate ganache
22. Heat the coconut milk until it almost boils.
23. Turn off the heat and stir the chocolate pieces into the coconut milk until it is a smooth chocolate ganache.
24. Spread the ganache over the cold peanut caramel layer and immediately sprinkle some roasted peanuts over it for decoration (and for the tasty ones). Tip: store in the refrigerator.