Hello my little lovelies!
So I know I've been lagging a little bit but I promise you posts are coming. As soon as I get into a routine with work and the gym I'll be much better at it, I promise. Things have been a little hectic with work, then trying to fit in the gym and trying to develop a routine so that I'm not constantly crying my eyes out because my husband isn't here to calm me down if I've had a bad day. So with that being said, I'll be posting from now on Mondays and Fridays, still have to establish a time and make sure it coincides with my break at work so I can be consistent with posting times. So just hang on tight!
But for now I have a recipe for you that will get you drooling. This is just a simple, basic recipe from my kitchen and hopefully into yours. You can add whatever seasonings you want here, make it spicy or make it not spicy. You can also use brown rice here if you are trying to be a little bit more on the healthy side. You can also add in any veggies that you would like, you can adapt this recipe to you. If you want to keep it vegetarian go ahead and take out the chicken and if you're a vegan then take out the egg as well.
This is a quick recipe you can either make for meal prep or if you have no clue what to make for dinner and you need something quick because you have screaming kids that are demanding food. This recipe is a lot quicker if all the vegetables are already chopped and ready to go before you even start cooking.
All the deliciousness and flavor without the sodium and grease of Chinese food. So here is an easy simple recipe and I hope you guys enjoy!
The things you will need:
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (I like garlic, sue me!)
- 1 yellow or white onion, diced
- 1-2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 can of corn
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. of low sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
1. First, heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Or if you prefer less grease, use cooking spray instead.
2. Add in the carrots. Let it sauté for a couple of minutes. Next add the onion, garlic, and corn. Let it all cook together for about three to four minutes. Set all the veggies to the side of the pan and add in the chicken. Season chicken with the salt and pepper. When the chicken is mostly white go ahead and mix it in with the veggies.
3. When the chicken is mostly cooked set it to one side of the pan and add in the eggs. Scramble the eggs and just let them sit in the pan to harden. When they are mostly hard, break it up and mix it in with the chicken and veggies.
4. Add in the rice and mix it in really well. Add in the soy sauce. Mix everything really well. Now here if you want to add any seasonings, now is the time to do it. Ginger would be a great addition here, if you like it spicy red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper is good here.
If you want to make the presentation look pretty chop up some green onion and sprinkle it on there or mix it in with the rice.