Go Healthy for a Day
Meal plan for a day with simple recipes
Meal Plan for a day!
Enjoy a healthy meal day with these amazing mouth watering recipes. Her are easy recipes, suitable for working people.
Go Healthy for a Day
Main ingredients for the day:
- Rolled oats
- Sunflower seeds
- Sunflower seed butter
- Salmon fillets
- Sweet Potatoes
No-Bake Sunflower-Oat Bar
- 4 cups—rolled oats (go gluten free if allergic)
- 1 1/2 cups—sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup—agave nectar (or any sweetener of preference)
- 1 cup—Raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup—banana chips or dried bananas, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon—kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons—ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup—dried fruits (like raisins, blueberries, cranberries)
- Prepare an 8*8 inch pan lining it with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in agave nectar and sunflower seed butter.
- Press the mix into the pan spreading evenly.
- Refrigerate once done.
- Cut into cubes when firm and enjoy your snack with a cup of drink of choice.
(Calories: 294 Kcal per serving.)
Sesame Salmon and Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 ½ tbsp—Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp—Soy sauce (low salt if preferred)
- Ginger—Thumb sized (grated)
- 1—Clove of Garlic (crushed)
- 2—Sweet potatoes. (Cut into wedges)
- 1 tsp—Honey (optional – customize according to health needs.)
- 2—Salmon fillets (skinless and boneless)
- 250g—Broccoli (Cut into big chunks)
- 1—Lime. (cut into wedges)
- 1—Red chili. (Sliced thin)
- 1 tbsp—Sesame seeds.
- Heat oven to 200 C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix together half a tablespoon of Sesame oil, ginger, garlic, the soy, and honey, and use this as a marinade.
- Place the Salmon and the broccoli on the baking tray, mixing it with the marinade.
- Season it as per taste, and roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the roasted salmon and broccoli, and keep aside.
- While the Salmon is being roasted, put the sweet potato and lime wedges, into a glass bowl.
- Cover this with cling film, and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes.
- Let it become soft and mushy.
- Remove the lime wedges, and mash the sweet potatoes. Season it with chilly, and add into it the remaining sesame oil.
- Serve alongside with the salmon and broccoli.
- Classy recipe… you will not stop with it once. Bon appétit!
Calories: 463Kcal per serving.
Avocado and egg salad:
Swap your regular Mayo with this creamy, yet heart healthy salad… I know not only your heart, but even your taste buds will thank you.
- Dill—a handful
- Parsley—a handful
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt for taste
- Olive oil (as needed)
- Hard boil the eggs and shell them. Cut them into small pieces.
- Mash the avocados until smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Mix in the egg, the leaves, and the lemon juice, and drizzle olive oil. Season it with salt.
- Serve it with crunchy, oniony bagel for a great filling dinner.
This salad can be refrigerated and served cold too. Great for a tired evening right after work for a simple, yet delicious and heart healthy dinner.
Calories: 273 Kcal per serving.