Cooking Up Weight Loss With These Delicious Chicken Recipes
You'll feel satisfied and happy with your new diet, so why not try it out? It's time for you to look and feel better!
I know it can be hard to find recipes that are both delicious and healthy, but I promise you, it's possible! Here are some of my favorite chicken recipes for the weight-loss dieter.
Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Thighs are juicier and less likely to dry out in the pan.
- Use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. Coconut aminos are a great substitute for traditional soy sauce because they have a sweeter taste and contain more nutrients like potassium, manganese, iron and zinc than traditional soy sauce does (and no gluten!).
- Use broccoli instead of asparagus. Broccoli is much more filling than asparagus so you won't be tempted to eat as much!
- Cook everything in a wok, not in a frying pan: A wok has larger sides which means more air will circulate around your food so it cooks quicker without drying out on the outside while still being moist on the inside - it's perfect for stir-fry dishes like this one!
Roasted Artichoke, Pesto, and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta with Chicken
This dish is incredibly delicious and easy to prepare, so you'll be able to make it for yourself after work. It's also perfect for those who are just beginning the journey toward healthy eating and weight loss.
1 pound trimmed boneless chicken thighs (about 3), cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup water
1 (9-ounce) package fresh artichoke hearts, drained and halved lengthwise
3 cups baby spinach leaves (6 ounces)
6 tablespoons prepared basil pesto sauce (from a jar)
Lighter Cheesy Baked Chicken Taquitos
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
1/4 cup all-purpose flour for dredging
4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
Salsa of choice (we like green) for serving (optional) Toppings of choice such as diced avocado or sour cream can be added as well! Try it with our homemade salsa recipe below!
Taquitos are delicious when they're done right. This recipe will teach you how to make them with some simple ingredients that are easy on your diet too! If there's one thing we love more than food though? It's good friends around the table enjoying it with us! That being said…we hope these taquitos bring everyone together no matter where they live or what time zone they're in because they're just that good :)
Chicken Enchilada Barley Bake
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 3 teaspoons)
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale leaves (1-inch pieces) or spinach (8 ounces)
Grilled Chicken Fajitas With Avocado and Pico de Gallo
The chicken for this recipe can be grilled or sauteed. You'll need:
- 2 large (or 4 small) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo (recipe below) or a mixture of chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro leaves and jalapeños (fresh or canned)
- Lime juice to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
To make the marinade: Combine lime juice with 3 garlic cloves minced; add salt and pepper to taste. Pound the citrus slices into these ingredients until they're mostly pulverized - it'll be easier if you do it in a mortar and pestle rather than just smashing them with your hands. Blend everything together until smooth then pour over the chicken in a bowl or plastic baggie before letting it sit overnight in the refrigerator. In either case make sure there's plenty of space so that air can circulate around all sides! The next morning take out your meat from its resting place then grill over medium-high heat until done throughout (about ten minutes per side). To serve garnish each plate with avocado slices topped off by some pico de gallo plus freshly chopped cilantro leaves if desired!
Grilled Chicken Salad with Brown Rice and Cranberries
This is a great summer recipe. You can make it ahead of time and take it to work or school, or eat it at home on the patio. It's also delicious with shrimp instead of chicken if you'd prefer a more seafood-y version. Add some avocado for added creaminess, or add feta cheese for a little extra kick!
Chicken Salad w/ Brown Rice & Cranberries (serves 3)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp honey mustard dressing
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Roast Chicken with Parsnips, Apples, and Brussels Sprouts
- Roast the chicken according to package instructions.
- Prepare the parsnips, apples and brussels sprouts by peeling them and cutting into medium-sized chunks.
- For the sauce: In a large pot over low heat on your stovetop, add ¼ cup of butter and heat until melted. Add ½ cup white wine, 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 tablespoons flour (or gluten free flour), and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Cook for about 5 minutes until thickened slightly; set aside in a bowl so it can cool down some more before serving with dinner.
- For roasted garlic: Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Cut off top ½ inch from each garlic head (this will expose some of the cloves inside). Place heads on aluminum foil lined baking sheet; drizzle each head with olive oil then sprinkle with salt & pepper. Wrap up tightly in foil; place in oven for 30 minutes or until tender.*For gravy: Mince 2 shallots or 2 green onions (shallots are preferable because they're sweeter but both work fine) then sauté them over medium heat in ¼ cup butter until softened but not browned (about 4 minutes). Add 2 cups chicken broth & simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes while stirring occasionally then strain mixture through fine mesh colander into small bowl.*For mashed potatoes: Peel potatoes then cut into small pieces before boiling them on stovetop about 10 minutes or until fork tender.*
Asian Peach Barbecue Grilled Chicken with Parsnip Rice and Broccoli Slaw
This dish is a great example of how healthy, lean protein can be combined with vegetables and whole grains to create something that's both delicious and satisfying. Choosing lean cuts of meat like chicken thighs or breasts will help you cut calories without sacrificing flavor. Brown rice is another heart-healthy option for your carbs, but if you're looking for a quicker cooking time or want to switch things up a bit, parsnip rice is delicious too! Broccoli slaw can be used in place of broccoli if you prefer its slightly sweeter taste. And since this recipe uses maple syrup instead of honey (which is higher in sugar), it's an even more nutritious choice than most other barbecue sauces on the market today. Lastly, coconut aminos are a soy sauce alternative that contains less sodium than traditional soy sauce does - and they're made from coconuts rather than soybeans!
Garlic Lime Skillet Chicken with Strawberry Salsa
This dish is not only delicious, it's also low-carb and easy to make. First, you'll need four chicken breasts - the recipe calls for six but you can cut down on the number if you'd like a smaller portion. If you're not a fan of dark meat, feel free to use chicken thighs instead! Next, chop up about one cup each of carrots and green bell peppers (or any other vegetable that tickles your fancy). Slice three cloves of garlic into thin pieces and sauté them until soft. Add your veggies to the pan along with salt, pepper, basil leaves (fresh or dried), and ½ teaspoon each red chili flakes and dried oregano (you can substitute fresh thyme or rosemary). Give everything a good stir so all those flavors mingle together before pouring in 1 cup chicken broth plus ½ cup orange juice or apple cider vinegar (and/or additional water if necessary) so that there's just enough liquid coming out when it simmers within reachable distance from where you are standing (just enough to cover everything). Cover this mixture with foil while cooking on medium heat for 20 minutes before uncovering again so some moisture evaporates off the surface; then add in two chopped strawberries along with another splash of vinegar followed by turning off heat entirely once they soften slightly - but don't worry about overcooking them because this will actually add more flavor! Lastly: assemble strawberry salsa by combining diced onions with finely chopped mint leaves plus lime zest
Shredded Mexican Beef Over Sweet Potatoes & Guacamole Salad (AIP)
This recipe is made for those on the Autoimmune Protocol, a dietary protocol that prohibits gluten, dairy and eggs. The avocado and lime juice balance out the sweet potatoes and help keep the salad from being too heavy. If you're not following an AIP diet but still want to try this recipe out, feel free to use regular salt! This meal can be served as a main course or as a side dish with some tacos or tortillas on the side.
You can enjoy delicious meals while trying to lose weight.
If you're trying to lose weight, you may think that eating delicious meals is out of the question. But that doesn't have to be the case! With these easy chicken recipes, anyone can enjoy tasty meals while working toward their goals.
- Chicken and rice casserole
- Grilled chicken with fresh mango salsa
- Chicken in white wine sauce
With these recipes, you can enjoy delicious meals while trying to lose weight. You'll feel satisfied and happy with your new diet, so why not try it out? It's time for you to look and feel better!
About the author
Hey, I am a great writer. I know how to write in different genres, from fiction to non-fiction. I am a quick learner and can easily pick up new skills and techniques. Writing is my life and I can't imagine doing anything else.