High blood pressure or hypertension, as widely referred to, is becoming very common these days. Therefore, it is advisable to consult your doctor, and take timely action in the matter as per your doctor's advice. It is because if the treatment of high BP is not done in time, it can lead to heart diseases. Incidentally, diet related changes can help you in the treatment of high blood pressure (High BP).
High blood pressure is a condition when the blood pressure on the vein walls increases. There can be many reasons for high blood pressure. Some of the reasons behind high blood pressure can be work pressure at home or office, deadlines to meet, poor lifestyle, and bad eating habits. If the treatment of high BP is not done in time, it can lead to heart diseases.
High blood pressure or hypertension develops when the blood exerts more force on the arterial walls, leading to an increased blood pressure level that crosses the upper limit of 140/90 mm Hg. However, you can control your high blood pressure by introducing some changes in your diet. So, let me tell you about five foods which can help you in controlling high blood pressure, by including them in the diet.
What should you eat to control your high blood pressure?
Here are five items you can consider.
1. Add green leafy vegetables in your diet. Green vegetables will work to get rid of excess sodium. Green vegetables are rich in nutrients, which is beneficial for your overall health. To control high blood pressure, you can include green vegetables like spinach, cabbage, kale, fennel or lettuce in your diet.
2. If you start your day with oats, this is a very good option. Oats prove to be very healthy. In addition, bear in mind that you should not forget breakfast in the morning. Take oats in your breakfast. By doing so, you can move towards a healthier body. Oats contain a lot of fiber, so fat is also low in it. This balance is good for both your health and your blood pressure. Oats can also be helpful in weight loss. Not only this, the amount of sodium in oats is also low, which makes it a better choice for controlling high blood pressure.
3. If you call Kiwi a super food, it will not be wrong. Kiwi tastes as much as it tastes in food, it is also beneficial for health. Studies have confirmed that eating three kiwis a day helps in the treatment of high blood pressure. Not only this, Kiwi is also good for the skin. It also improves digestion and immunity.
4. There are a lot of spices that you can easily include in your diet and control the increased blood pressure. Garlic is one of these. Yes, garlic can help you control high blood pressure. This may prove beneficial for patients with high BP. You can also eat raw garlic with water in the morning. If you want, you can include garlic in various foods to reduce your high blood pressure.
5. Yogurt can help control high blood pressure. Yes, you read it right. Yogurt is good for your health. It gives you many health benefits. One of these benefits is relief in high blood pressure. You can also include low fat curd in your diet to get relief from high blood pressure. It is rich in calcium and regulates blood pressure levels.
Anyway, whatever you do, please consult your doctor before making any changes in your diet on your own. Any change in your diet without the advice of your doctor can prove to be harmful for your health.