I am doing more research and reading more shampoo blogs about the best and worst shampoos to use for your hair. I am learning that certain shampoos from large shampoo brands are damaging, while others are great. There are only specific ones that can be beneficial for your hair health. I've learned that if you do want a great hair experience, you need to spend money – I'm talking about nearly $35 Canadian dollars for a 250 ml bottle. However, there might be a better way to save your hair while spending a minimal amount of money. I have put together a list of shampoo products that you can afford to buy every month. Click the affiliate links for Amazon.
1. Nexxus Ultralight Smooth Weightless Frizz Protection Shampoo: However, it is only good if you have curly and unruly hair. This shampoo brand does so much, and it is even listed as one of the better shampoos, even for the wealthy. It has won awards, such as the Good Housekeeping award in 2022 for the best shampoo brand to use. This is a great brand to use if you live somewhere with high humidity.
2. Dove: Yes, I know this was listed as one of the worst shampoos to use, but this particular Dove shampoo is meant for everyday use and is the cheapest option. Dove Nutritive Solutions Intensive Repair Shampoo is the one you want to buy with minimal sulfates, and it does not cause too much buildup on your hair strands. This shampoo also has a user rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars. It won an award in 2023 for the best value shampoo.
3. Garnier: An interesting pattern, as Garnier was listed as one of the worst, but it is also one of the best. I started using this one very recently. It is called Garnier Whole Blends Repairing Honey Treasures Shampoo; it smells like honey, and after using it, my hair feels softer. I am also using the matching conditioner, and it is a fantastic duo. It is known as the best natural shampoo to use, so if you like using natural ingredients, this is the one to use.
4. Kristin Ess The One Purple Shampoo: It is fantastic if you are blonde and want to get rid of brassiness in your hair. I have not used any purple shampoos yet to help with my problem, but honestly, my hair color looks horrible right now because I have not been using any purple shampoo. I need to try this one out for myself.
5. L'Oréal Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Moisture Shampoo: It is the best sulfate-free shampoo to use for your hair, and it comes in a fun metallic bottle. This is a fantastic choice if you have dyed your hair and want to maintain the color.
Okay, I've provided a list of affordable shampoos, and now if you are willing to spend money, here is a list of more expensive shampoos:
1. Aveda Rosemary Mint: The scent is to die for; it is so relaxing and can give you a great shower experience. At $28 for a small bottle, it is worth it because after I left the Aveda hair salon, my hair never felt better. Absolutely amazing! If you have the money, this is the one I would buy.
2. Moroccanoil: I keep hearing the name everywhere, from TikTok to any hairdresser – they sponsor it, and it works so well. Personally, I have never tried it, but so many people swear by this shampoo.
3. Pureology: This shampoo is listed on multiple sites, and it is in the top five to use for your hair if your hair is dry and dull. This shampoo revives it, but at $50 for a 266 ml bottle, I might pass on trying it out.
4. Ouai: This shampoo is best for everyday use if you are willing to spend the money on it. It is the best shampoo if you want to clean your hair from dirt and sweat. It costs $41.00 Canadian dollars for 300 ml, which isn't the most budget-friendly option, but maybe it is worth it.
About the Creator
Hello fellow interweb explorers! I am Ada Zuba. I binge the Netflix shows and just recently Disney plus has been my happy place. I am a creative person with a big love for Disney movies. I hope to one day write and publish a fantasy novel.