29 Lists To Organize Your Life
Get unstuck and untangle the mess of your life with these simple lists.
At one point or another in your life, you're going to start feeling messy. Your head and mind will feel messy, your entire life will feel messy. And the worse thing is that this feeling will also make your feel overwhelmed.
When and if that time comes, you can always count on lists to help you sort things out and organize your life for the better.
I love making lists. Give me a pen and paper and whatever mood I'm in, I'll instantly start making a list.
Some people doodle to relax, I make lists. And with time, I actually discovered that it has really helped me make more sense of my life when everything seemed cluttered and messy. It also helps make sense of my overthinker brain!
So being a self-proclaimed list master, I'm suggesting you here 29 lists to make whenever you feel like your life is messy and overwhelming, and needs a bit of organization.
And if you're not convinced yet and you're thinking that list making is a complete waste of time, here are is a LIST (duh!) of list making benefits:
- Improves your memory: writing things down (not on an app!) helps you remember things more easily. So whatever important things you have going on in your life or mind that needs to be remembered, you're more likely to do it if you write them down.
- Helps you deal with stress and anxiety: most often than not we stress and get anxious because we're afraid of surprises and the unknown. Writing things down helps you see the big picture but also everything that needs to be done.
- Helps you make better decisions: again once you put everything on paper and can see clearly the big picture, you can weigh your options better and in a smarter way, and ultimately make the best decision.
- Helps you be more productive and achieve your goals: once you make a list and you have an exact idea of what you need to do to achieve your goals, it becomes easier for your to stay on task by simply following your list step-by-step. You have a clear idea of how to get what you want.
Now that you've got a general idea about the benefits of lists, here are 29 lists to help you organize your life and make sense of everything.
1. All the things you're grateful for.
2. A shopping list for all the things you need in your wardrobe.
3. All the things that are not needed nor used in the house and that need to be thrown out.
4. All the people you haven't checked on in a long time.
5. A monthly goal list for the next year.
6. All the doctors' appointments you've been thinking of getting and putting off.
7. The things that need fixing in the house.
8. A list of the important emails you need to send.
9. A list of all the skills that you have.
10. Skills you need or want to learn for you to achieve your dream life.
11. A bucket list for the next year.
12. A brain dump list of thoughts and ideas.
13. List of your favorite meals
14. A list of the things that put you in a good mood and make you happy.
15. Your financial goals (monthly and yearly)
16. A wishlist for all the precious luxurious things you want.
17. A list of your bad habits
18. All the people you can call or ask for help in crisis time.
19. Your comfort movies and shows.
20. Your passwords list
21. List of all the legal and administrative stuff you need to do.
22. List of your go-to restaurants.
23. Your favorite DIY face masks
24. Your happy feel good song playlist.
25. All the things/subjects you need to learn that make you feel self-conscious.
26. A list of books you want to read.
27. Quick, easy meals for when you don't have much time
28. List of your favorite budget-friendly meals.
29. A list of a go-to " feel good and pretty "outfits for when you're in a hurry.
There are many others I can suggest (like I said, list freak here!!) but I shall leave that for another time. A list of 29 lists is a good place to start organizing your life in my opinion.
About the author
A self-made entrepreneur/writer.
From entrepreneurship, wellbeing, self-help to personal growth.
Join me for some tips & tricks to help you better your life.
You can show me some love here 💗 ☕️: buymeacoffee.com/sallyRQ
✨ Let's SHINE!