22 Vocal Resolutions for 2022
For those looking to do more on Vocal in the new year.
Happy new year, Vocal community! 2021 was such a big year for this website, and it's exciting to ponder what 2022 has in store for us. Whether you're a creator, reader, or a little bit of both, Vocal has probably defined your year in one way or another.
I know I've missed the opportune window to post this little list (by the time this is published, it will be day 5 of 2022), but regardless, I figured I'd share some of my Vocal new year's resolutions with all of you. Last year, my participation on this site was a bit lacking. I'm aiming to correct that with more blogging on this site over the next 12 months. My hope is that you'll relate to some of these goals and possibly try them out for yourself.
Without further ado, my 22 Vocal resolutions for 2022!
1. Actually try and work on/post a new article a day. Because if I make mistakes, that's what Quick Edit is for!
2. Get started on that fiction series I've been wanting to write.
3. Get started on that fiction series by another Vocal creator I've been wanting to read.
4. Start tipping creators more...
5. ...and do some pledging if I really enjoy their work. Every little bit helps!
6. Enter more challenges, even if I don't think my entry fits the prompt well. You don't know until you try, right?
7. And regarding challenge entry deadlines...perhaps I won't wait until the last minute to publish my stories like I usually do.
8. But I won't just post challenge entries. I'll make more original content, too!
9. And I'll publish work that fits into communities I've never tried before. I know nothing about bitcoin or NFTs, but that's not gonna stop me from posting a story in the "Chain" community.
10. Get more involved in the various Vocal community Facebook groups. Maybe friendships can lead to collaborations!
11. Stop worrying so much about my stats. I'm just grateful my work has a place to be published.
12. Make it to 100 published stories this year.
13. Tell more of my writer friends about Vocal. If it's helped me make money and build an audience off my literary skills, maybe it can help them out, too.
14. Actually spread the word about my Vocal articles on social media. I shouldn't try to hide work I'm proud of.
15. More playlist stories! Because everyone loves music.
16. Publish more how-to stories that put readers first. There's no better joy than the joy of helping others.
17. At the same time, I won't be afraid to post stories that relate to my personal life. Sometimes the most painful things are the most relatable.
17. Check out more Creator Spotlights and peep the work of every featured person.
18. Try and finish all those forgotten-about drafts within my "Stories" tab. No more unfinished ideas!
19. Crack the code on how to make more Top Stories. Because who doesn't want their work on the homepage?
21. Donate more of my tips to charities and causes I care about. Paying it forward is never a bad idea.
22. And finally...I'll keep posting on Vocal until 2023! Rinse and repeat.
Got any Vocal resolutions? Feel free to message me @katyisaladybug on Insta...I'd love to hear them. Likes/tips/pledges/what have you are all greatly appreciated. Hope this year brings you good health, wealth, happiness, and lots of downtime to read on Vocal! Love you all.