Ways to Improve Gaming Performance on Windows 10
Using certain built-in utilities & features you can significantly improve gaming performance on Windows 10. You can also use third-party PC optimizer tools to do that.
If you are struggling with slow gaming speed & performance on your Windows 10 PC, then there are few quick hacks you can try. In this article, we have discussed different ways to improve gaming performance on Windows 10.
How to improve gaming performance on Windows 10?
To do this you can try various built-in utilities & features. In addition to that, you can also try best PC optimizer software to optimize your system for seamless gaming experience. Let’s discuss some of these features in detail here.
1. Use Windows 10 Game Mode
The game mode feature on Windows 10 is designed to improve your gaming experience by dedicating more resources for it. This is one of the built-in features that enhances your gaming experience significantly. It also blocks resource-hungry apps from consuming device resources when this mode is on and you are playing your favorite game. To enable game mode on your PC, follow these steps:
• Press Win + I keys to open Settings.
• On Settings window, search game mode in the search bar and press Enter.
• Now on the next window, click Control Game Mode for optimizing your PC for gamers.
• Now you will find a menu. Here select Game Mode and turn it ON.
Once you enable this option, your system will be optimized for better gaming experience given that your PC supports this feature. If you are unable to see this settings, then probably the latest Windows Creators Update isn’t installed on your computer.
2. Tweak visual settings
To provide you beautiful desktop experience, certain visual effects come built-in on your PC. These visual effects enhances the aesthetics of your desktop screen. Though, it has its own limitations as these beautiful background graphics consume a lot of device resources making your system run slow. Thus, you can consider tweaking your visual effects settings to optimize your system for better gaming experience. To do this, follow these steps:
• Press Windows Key + I to open Settings window.
• Type Performance and hit Enter.
• Select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
• Now on the next window, select Adjust for best performance.
• You also need to click on Advanced tab to check the setting is applied to Programs.
• Press Ok and you’re done.
For better results, we recommend to check these three options:
• Show thumbnails instead of icons
• Show window contents while dragging
• Smooth edges of screen fonts
3. Try networking tweaks
If you rely on a remote server for Windows 10 gaming or playing online multiplayer, then you may find certain performance issues due to network traffic. To fix this problem, you can upgrade to faster Internet. In addition to that, you can also consider to make some necessary networking tweaks for quick and effective results. To do this, follow these steps:
• Right click on Start menu and select Settings.
• Go to Network and Internet and select Change Adapter Settings.
• Select your wireless network and right click on it to select Properties.
• Now you need to highlight Internet Protocol Version 4.
• You should note the two DNS entries in case you want them in future.
• Next is o replace them with 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
• Click Ok.
• Restart your default browser.
Also Read: Best Tune-Up Software for windows PC
4. Disable automatic updates
If you have set your system to be updated automatically, then it could cause trouble with your gaming performance. It not only consumes device resources while updating in the background, but system shutdown after update without warning could be another trouble. You can’t disable automatic restart, but it can be delayed. You can consider following below mentioned steps to isable automatic updates for better Windows 10 gaming experience.
• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
• On Settings window, select Update & Security.
• On the next window, select Windows Update from the left pane.
• In the right pane look for Advanced options and then select Update Options.
• Now you need to disable Restart this device as soon as possible when a restart is required to install an update option.
• Next is to enable Show a notification option.
• Here, you can click Pause updates option to delay installation of updates for up to 35 days.
5. Use best PC optimizer software
If you find manual tweaks & updates complicated task, then you can consider using best PC optimizer software for quick and effective results. These powerful tools come loaded with built-in features to optimize your system for better gaming experience. These smart tools help you turn your system into dedicated gaming machine by disabling all notifications and annoyances effectively.
So, these were few quick steps to optimize your Windows PC for better gaming experience. Do try these steps and share your experience in the comments below.