Ways to Speed Up Your Windows Performance
Smart Features and utilities to speed up computer
You can find various built-in utilities on Windows 10 PC that helps you clean and optimize your system for better performance. Using these smart features and utilities, you can speed up and secure your system effortlessly. Let’s discuss more about it in this article.
How to speed up Windows 10
One of the best ways to speed up your Windows performance is to update software on regular intervals. To do this, your device manufacturer sends updates regularly which you can set to download automatically. These updates bring you bug fixes, security patches and additional features to speed up system performance. While most of these updates are downloaded automatically, still if you have missed one of these updates, then you can try to download it manually. To do this, follow steps below.
• Right-click on Start menu icon and select Settings.
• Select Update & Security.
• Click on Windows Update option in the left pane.
• Tap Check for Updates option in the right-pane. It will help you find and download all available updates on your PC.
Uninstall Unnecessary Apps & Programs
Your system holds more data then what you expect it to be. It includes lot of files and programs in addition to built-in items. Now that if you think there are certain programs that you don’t want anymore then it’s better to get rid of them. If you aren’t using best PC optimization software, then the next best solution is to uninstall unnecessary apps & programs following manual process. To do this, follow below steps:
• Go to Start menu > Settings > Apps.
• Select Apps & Features from left pane.
• Here, you will find all installed programs on your PC> Sift through these programs to find one that you want to uninstall.
• Once selected, press Uninstall button given below to get rid of unnecessary programs.
Manage Startup Items
If you notice your system is taking longer time to boot then expected, the chances are high that lot of unnecessary programs are also running during the process. Many of these programs you rarely use or intend to use in future, thus it is better to remove these programs from Startup items. This simple step will help you speed up boot process and improve overall system performance. To remove unnecessary Startup items, follow these steps:
• Right-click on Taskbar and select Task Manager.
• On the window that appears, click on More Details to see expanded view.
• Select Startup tab.
• Now you will be able to see all the programs that run during the boot process.
• To remove any of these programs, simply select it and press Disable button.
• It will immediately remove that program from the boot process.
Device drivers help Windows to communicate with operating system for seamless user experience. Here, keeping device drivers up-to-date become important to get best results out of your device hardware such as printer, mouse, keyboard, etc. To update device drivers, you can use built-in utility called Device Manager. To do this, follow the below mentioned steps:
• Search and select Device Manager from search box on the taskbar.
• Now on the Device Manager window, sift through all the attached devices to find one that you want to update driver for.
• Once selected, right-click on it and click on Update Driver option.
• It will instantly update the outdated driver on your Windows 10 PC.
Use Disk Cleanup Utility
Built-in Disk Cleanup utility is one of the best ways to optimize your PC for better performance. It not only cleans your system storage but also help you boost system performance significantly. To use this built-in utility, follow below mentioned steps:
• Search and select Disk Cleanup from the search box on the taskbar.
• On the next windows, select the drive that you want to clean.
• Now it will scan the selected drive and display you scan results on Disk Cleanup window.
• On this window, select the items that you want to remove and press OK to get rid of it.
Note: You can also click on “Clean up system files” to get rid of unnecessary system files.
To speed up your Windows 10 performance you need to follow all the steps mentioned above. These effective steps will help you boost system performance significantly. Follow these steps and share your experience.