I'm not much for writing out my goals but there are a few that I want to work on. I’m trying something new I guess and I wanted to share with my fellow writers and reader what I’m working on these days.
30 Goals for the Next 30 Days
- Write one thing for Vocal/Medium a week. Sometimes I struggle heavily with writers block, but I am trying to work on it and improve my productivity. My Medium link is here.
- Write at least 500 words towards my novel every day. It's been a work in progress for a while but I need to get cracking on things and work towards completing it. I don't know if I'll ever publish it but that is a goal of mine to publish something one day.
- Wake up at 5 am everyday. This gives me that much needed alone time to work towards my writing career.
- Drink more water. I never drink enough water. I had a caffeine addiction to energy drinks for a long time so I tend to drink sparkling water more than I should. I actually decided to keep a water bottle handy and work towards drinking at least two of them.
- Drink a smoothie every morning to start my day off right. I'm not one to sit down and eat a bowl full of fruit. I want to get healthier so I decided to mix up a smoothie every morning for breakfast instead of my usual energy drink.
- Read at least one chapter of a book every night before bed. I need to read more. I have a miniature library at home and I have a bad habit of buying too many books and not finishing them. I still have to read all of Ed and Lorraine Warren's books yet. It is on my bucket list.
- Read and comment on one Vocal article a day. Again, I need to work towards reading more and there is no better place to find wonderful inspiring authors than Vocal.
- Play with the children at the park everyday for the rest of the summer. My children have a lot of high energy so being outside during the summer is important to them.
- Cutting back on screen time. I spend too much time on my social media so it’s important to me to take a break and focus on my goals instead of negativity.
- Organize my agenda before the kids start school for the next year.
- Work towards completing my art journal that I started over a year ago. I find art journaling so therapeutic and peaceful for me. I want to finish the journal I’ve been working on and start a new one.
- Clean out my car instead of complaining about it.
- Get a library card at my local library. I've been meaning to do this for a while and the reason why I haven't is because I like to write in my books while I'm reading them. Or highlight.
- Create a vision board. I have the poster board I just need to figure out what I want to write and paste onto the board first. If you have ever created a vision board please let me know in the comments below because I would love some inspiration.
- Print out photos of my kids and put them in albums. This is something that I have been meaning to do for a while now and I finally started going through the photos on my phone to do so.
- Organize my basement. I have a craft table down there for the kids but I also have boxes and piles of laundry to go through. Ever since I moved, things have just been piling up down there and I really want it organized in the next month here. One day at a time.
- Stay off my phone in the mornings. Often times I catch myself scrolling Facebook or Instagram too much throughout my day and I want to replace that habit with healthier ones as social media is a toxic coping mechanism for me.
- Do a daily card reading for myself. I have so many decks of oracle cards and tarot card but I put that to the side for my own personal reasons. I want to get back into the habit of doing a spread or pulling a card a day for myself.
- Spend time saving money instead of spending my extra cash on things I don't truly need. Like Tim Hortons. I have a bad habit of stress shopping when I am feeling down and I truly want to break that habit and save as much as I can. I fully plan on sending my daughter and son to school since I never got the oppertunity to go. I want to be able to afford it when they are old enough to decide if that is the path they want to take in their adult lives.
- Make my bed every day. My mother always said that was the best part of her day, was getting into a freshly made bed after the end of every long day. I will admit I struggle with achieving this, so I decided to make this a goal and add it into my morning routine.
- Clean up my email inbox.
- Eat a salad everyday. People who say salads are boring are not my kind of people. There are so many ways to dress up a simple salad and I’m excited to incorporate this into my daily routine to help get my veggies in for the day.
- Get to know my new coworkers better. We had a bunch of recent summer hires come in to the place I work and I want to get to know them a little bit better.
- Study a few Udemy courses. I have a few paid for I just haven’t worked on them in a while but I thought it would be good for my brain to get back into working on them. I remember the one I took about tea and I loved it.
- Ride my bike.
- Catch up with old friends in a meaningful way. After I recently had supper with my elementary school best friend, I realized how much I’ve lost touch with people over the years. COVID did not help. Instead of communicating with people digitally I want to make an effort and catch up in person.
- Spend more time in nature before my seasonal depression kicks in. I always struggle in the winter months because of it and I want to enjoy every second of summer before it’s gone.
- Practice better self care. I’m terrible at remembering to brush my teeth some days so I want to work on that this month.
- Read on parenting article a day.
- Perform random acts of kindness.
I feel overwhelmed looking at this list but I am sure that I will be able to accomplish this for the month of August.
I'm kind of laughing at a few of these goals but I hope I can manage to accomplish them.
What are some of your goals for the upcoming months?
Chloe Rose Violet
Check it my latest Top Story!