A frequent question among users is about how to separate pages in PDF without Adobe. This need often arises when dealing with PDFs that are substantial in size. Splitting these PDF files into smaller, more manageable files or individual pages enhances their usability and reliability. In this article, we'll look at some easy ways to do this. Especially those that have considerable size (above 100 MB). We'll cover both simple manual methods and free tools that can help you split large PDF into smaller pages.
Benefits of Split PDF Pages into Multiple Files
- Smaller PDF files are quicker and easier to open and read using any PDF reader tool. This can be particularly helpful when dealing with resource-intensive documents.
- It becomes much easier to share specific pages or sections of a PDF with colleagues or friends when the document is divided into smaller parts.
- By separating pages in PDF without Adobe, users can easily attach these files to emails. For example, there are size limits for attachments in Gmail.
- Working with smaller-sized PDF files can significantly speed up the process of searching for and reading the required information.
- Printing into hard copies can be done for required parts of any big PDF file by breaking it into parts and then printing those.
Separate Pages in PDF Without Adobe Via Google Chrome
Google Chrome can be used to divide large PDF files into smaller files by using its hidden feature for splitting/extracting pages from PDF documents. Below are the steps that users can follow to split PDF into multiple files with the help of Google Chrome:
- First of all, open the required big PDF file in Google Chrome.
- Then, the next step involves using the print command, which can be done by pressing CTRL+P key or by simply clicking the icon for Print.
- And after that, you can print a window that pops up.
- Once done with this, you can then enter the page numbers required.
- And finally, you have to click Save.
Some PDF files have restrictions on them. If they have Print restrictions, the Google Chrome method won't work. So, make sure to find out the types of PDF restrictions before executing the process.
Separate Pages in PDF Without Adobe via Automated Solution
We have seen different solutions to split large PDF files but there are various limitations to using them. The manual approach is lengthy and time-consuming. Moreover, it requires high technical knowledge. To separate pages in PDF without Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, the user needs the Pro version which is very costly. Therefore, it is recommended to use a professional tool i.e. PDF Split software.
This software easily separates PDF pages into multiple files without any difficulty. It is very easy to use and also makes the splitting process a quick one that happens within a matter of a few minutes. Such commercial tools are always suggested and recommended owing to their safe and reliable processes.
Let’s check the working of the tool
Step 1. First, install and launch the tool (available for both Mac & Windows) and choose the Split option.
Step 2. Add the files you want to split using the Add Files and Add Folder option.
Step 3. Choose any of the Split Options as per the requirement.
Step 4. Browse the destination location by clicking the Change button.
Step 5. Finally, hit the Split button to begin the process.
For the sake of convenience, we are also including the Adobe Acrobat method to get the job done.
Split PDF Pages into Multiple Files Via Adobe Acrobat
By using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC users can separate pages in PDF files into multiple files. For this, they have to follow some useful steps that are described below –
- Firstly, open and start Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
- Click on the File menu
- Choose the Open option to select a PDF file that has to be split
- Navigate to the Document menu & click Split Document.
- You will see a split document screen. Choose the options and click on OK button. The options are: (1) A number of pages: Choose the maximum number of pages per split. (2) File size: Divide PDF file by maximum size.
- To split PDF into multiple files click on ‘Apply to Multiple’
- Click on Add Files option to choose the PDF you want to split and click OK.
- Save output PDF documents at any desired location and click OK.
In the above article, we talked about some of the easy methods, i.e., manual and reliable approaches, to separate pages in PDF without Adobe. However manual solutions have various drawbacks, and it is not as easy as it seems to be. Therefore, it is suggested to use the professional alternative to split a large PDF into smaller pages. For the sake of convenience, we also included the Adobe method. So users can compare them all and choose the method that suits them the best.