God created Adam from the earth
He took different parts of the earth, including white rocks, black rocks, brown soil, red soil, and yellow sand. He molded these materials into clay and added water to it until it turned dark and black. Then, he fashioned the clay into the form of a human being.
As the clay dried, it took on a different color, the color of wheat. This is why Adam was named Adam, because Adam is from udum which means "wheat" in Arabic. His skin color was also the color of wheat, a light brown.
God created Adam's soul, which is the spirit that gives life to the body.
When God created Adam and left him motionless for forty years. Iblis (devil) was confused and scared by this figure. One day, God breathed His spirit into Adam, and he came to life. Adam sneezed when the spirit reached his head, saw the amazing food around him when it reached his eyes and felt hungry when it reached his stomach. Adam jumped towards the fruits before the spirit could even reach his legs, but he fell down because he couldn't move his legs. Then, God asked all the angels and Iblis to prostrate before Adam as a sign of respect. All the angels prostrated except Iblis.
- [Allah/God] said, "What prevented you from prostrating when I commanded you?" [Satan] said, "I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay."
- [Allah] said, "Descend from Paradise, for it is not for you to be arrogant therein. So get out; indeed, you are of the debased.
- [Satan] said, "Reprieve me until the Day they are resurrected."
- [Allah] said, "Indeed, you are of those reprieved."
- [Satan] said, "Because You have put me in error, I will surely sit in wait for them on Your straight path. Then I will come to them from before them and from behind them and on their right and on their left, and You will not find most of them grateful [to You]."
- [Allah] said, "Get out of Paradise, reproached and expelled. Whoever follows you among them - I will surely fill Hell with you, all together."
When Iblis disobeyed God by refusing to prostrate before Adam, he was banished from Paradise. And he vowed to take revenge on humans by misleading them.
God taught Adam the names of all things, He allowed Adam to eat every fruit in the garden except for the fruit of one tree. Allah told Adam that the fruit of this tree was forbidden and that he should not eat it.
After a few years in Paradise, Adam became lonely. He was the only human there, and he longed for companionship. Allah saw Adam's loneliness and decided to give him a wife.
While Adam was sleeping, Allah created Hawa (Eva) from one of Adam's ribs. When Adam awoke, he was overjoyed to see Hawa. He named her Hawwa, which means "life-giver" in Arabic.
Adam and Hawa lived happily in Paradise together. One day, Satan, who had been banished from Paradise for his disobedience, approached Adam and Hawa. He tempted them to eat from the forbidden tree, Adam and Hawa knew that they should not eat from the forbidden tree, but they were tempted by Satan's words. They ate the fruit and when they tasted of the tree, their private parts became apparent to them, and they began to fasten together over themselves from the leaves of Paradise. And their Lord called to them, "Did I not forbid you from that tree and tell you that Satan is to you a clear enemy?",
They said, "Our Lord, we have wronged ourselves, and if You do not forgive us and have mercy upon us, we will surely be among the losers."
Allah, in His mercy, accepted their repentance. And Allah said, "Go down from it, all of you. And when guidance comes to you from Me, whoever follows My guidance - there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve.
The Prophet Adam and Hawa knew that life on earth was going to be very difficult, now no longer have the pleasures they enjoyed in paradise. After a few years, Hawwa gave birth to twins: a boy and a girl. They named the boy Qabil. Later, Hawa gave birth to another set of twins: a boy and a girl. They named the boy Habil.
The story of Qabil and Habil begins here