Marilyn Monroe Quotes on Fashion!
Top Quotes on Fashion and Style by Marilyn Monroe
Fashion is one of the most important aspects of our lives. It helps us express ourselves and show the world who we are. That's why it's so important to choose the right clothes for the right occasion. Marilyn Monroe knew this better than anyone, and her quotes on fashion are as relevant today as they were when she first said them.
Check out some of her best quotes about fashion below!
1. "A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle."
2. "I dress for the image. Not for myself, not for the public, not for fashion – but for the image."
3. "What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course."
4. "In Hollywood all the women are aging, and all the men are old."
5. "Give a girl the right shoes, and she will conquer the world."
6. "Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say and not giving a damn."
7. "I'm a failure as a woman. My men expect so much of me, because of the image they've made of me and that I've made of myself – as a sex symbol. Men expect bells to ring and whistles to whistle, but my anatomy is the same as any other woman's."
8. "Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."
9. "I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot!"
10. "A woman is like a tea bag – you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
11. "The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing – and then marry him."
12. "If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything."
13. "I'm a failure as a woman. My men expect so much of me, because of the image they've made of me and that I've made of myself – as a sex symbol. Men expect bells to ring and whistles to whistle, but my anatomy is the same as any other woman's."
14. "I'm a very sentimental person, although I appear tough. Actually, I am fragile and delicate inside- in fact, with me, what you see is really what you get!"
15. "God, I need a man. Tonight."
A Few More Marilyn Monroe's Touching Quotes on Fashion.
16. "Give a girl the right shoes, and she will conquer the world."
17. "I never even think about the way I look. … You can even find it in the Bible that Adam and Eve had to put on some clothes because they were naked!"
18. "Diamonds are a girl's best friend."
19. "I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent."
20. "Life is a challenge, meet it!"
21. "To all the girls that think you're ugly because you're not a size 0, you're the beautiful one! It's society who's ugly!"
22. "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
23. "I want to grow old without facelifts. I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I've made."
24. "People always ask me if I believe in sex before marriage. In my opinion, the best form of birth control is 'just say no."
25. "Sometimes a girl's just gotta splurge."
26. "There was nothing to do but work, and I don't particularly like to work" (To an unaccustomed friend on their way out for a night of clubbing in New York City - quoted in the New Yorker).
As you can see from her quotes on fashion, Marilyn Monroe had a lot to say about the topic! Her words of wisdom will surely inspire people for years to come.
Related Post - Bruce Lee Quotes about Martial Arts