Recipe for Tiramisu Cake
Because a single tiramisu concept was not enough, we come up with the same dessert but with a new approach, Tiramisu Cake. The Tiramisu cake has fluffy sponge tops and a fine cream with vanilla and mascarpone that melts in your mouth. With this dessert, we wanted a slightly different Tiramisu but not too far from the original recipe, keeping the basic ingredients. Thin sheets of sponge cake are soaked in strong coffee, accompanied by a slight taste of alcohol. We chose vodka, but whiskey cream or amaretto also works great. Cream with vanilla and mascarpone, offers both the new dessert concept and the fine, fresh texture of the original. However, regardless of the recipe, we cannot forget the cocoa powder, an ingredient that makes the difference, intensifying the flavors of the cake. This Tiramisu Cake recipe is suitable for lovers of fresh desserts and for those who want to try something new.
For a top (you need 3)
- 2 eggs
- 80 g Sugar (4 tablespoons)
- 50 gr Flour (4 tablespoons)
- 1 gr Salt (1 knife tip)
For the cream
- 4 yolks
- 500 gr Mascarpone
- 150 gr Sugar
- 60 gr Flour
- 400 ml Milk
- 150 ml Liquid Whipped Cream
- 1 teaspoon Ness
- 1 Vanilla essence
For the syrup
- 350 ml Strong coffee
- 50 ml Vodka
I used a pan with a diameter of 26 cm
Method of preparation
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar until they become stiff foam or until the sugar is completely melted.
- Mix the egg yolks with vanilla essence and salt powder and pour over the egg whites.
- Mix everything with wide movements, using a spatula.
- Gradually, add the previously sifted flour. It is homogenized with wide movements.
- Pour the mixture into a 26 cm pan and level it slightly.
- Place in the oven at 165°C for 15 minutes. Depending on the oven, the time may vary.
For the cream
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks, flour, sugar and half of the milk.
- Put the remaining amount of milk on the fire until it boils, then pour it over the mixture.
- Put the cream on low heat and stir continuously until it thickens, then take it off the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Add mascarpone cream, vanilla essence and mix.
- For an extra flavor, you can add a teaspoon of ness to the cream.
- If you want a foamier cream, after incorporating the mascarpone cream, add the liquid cream and mix.
- Vodka is added to the coffee with which we impregnate the tops.
- Each top is impregnated with an equal amount of coffee, spread with cream and dusted with cocoa.
- For the decoration, I used a kitchen cone to make those shapes.
- Leave the cake in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Recipe for Panna cotta
- 1 l sweet cream for whipped cream (the more fat, the better)
- 200g powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla pod (if you don't have it, use quality essence)
- 16g gelatin granules
- 50ml cold milk
For the fruit jelly
- 250g blueberries
- 70g of sugar
- 150ml water
- 1 tablespoon of food starch
Method of preparation
- First, we hydrate the gelatin in cold milk for 10 minutes.
- If you use sheet gelatin, hydrate it in cold water for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the cream into a pot and let it heat up on a low heat. Cut the vanilla pod in half and with the blade of the knife, scrape the seeds and put them in the cream, as well as the pod, add the sugar. We mix gently from time to time.
- When the cream starts to boil, turn off the heat and remove the vanilla pod.
- Add the hydrated gelatin and mix until it dissolves completely.
- If you use gelatin sheets, drain them well from the water and add them to the hot cream, mix in the same way until it dissolves completely.
- Pour the hot cream into the glasses. If you want to do something tricky, lean them on something harder and pour the mixture into the tilted glass. The mixture should be warm not hot, I admit I was in a hurry, but let it cool down a bit and then pour it into the glasses.
- We put the glasses in the cold for 5 hours. We can prepare the jelly until then (well, it is prepared in 10 minutes, not in 5 hours, stay calm).
- We put the fruits in the blender and mix them, then put them together with the sugar and water to boil. For a more intense color, you can also add a teaspoon of lemon juice. Let it boil for 5 minutes.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the starch with a little cold water and pour the mixture over the hot sauce. Mix until it thickens and the jelly is ready.
- Let it cool and pour it into glasses over the cooled and hardened pudding.