Instagram ranks content in various sections of the app:
User signals: Engagement (likes, shares, saves, comments, time spent interacting), recently followed accounts, accounts recently engaged with, format preference, history of interacting with another account, recent posts from followed accounts, posts from suggested accounts.
Creator signals: Information about the post creator, previous interactions with the creator, adherence to Instagram's Guidelines for Content Lowered in Feed.
Post information: Popularity (likes, comments, shares, saves), time of posting, location.
Input signals: Stories shared by accounts you follow (complying with Community Guidelines), viewing history, engagement history, closeness (relationship with the creator).
User signals: Past Instagram activity (likes, saves, shares, comments), past Explore activity, post information, user's interaction history with accounts, adherence to Instagram's Recommendation Guidelines.
Creator information: Interaction history with the creator, popularity signals.
User activity: Reels liked, saved, reshared, commented on, or engaged with, interaction history with the account.
Reel information: Popularity, audio track, visuals in the video.
Creator information: Popularity signals (followers, engagement level).
Reels may be less visible if they are low-resolution, watermarked, muted, contain borders, focus on political issues, or have been previously posted on Instagram.
Query: Instagram matches relevant usernames, bios, captions, hashtags, and places to the search query.
User activity: Accounts followed, posts viewed, past interactions with accounts.
Popularity signals: Clicks, likes, shares, and follows for accounts, hashtags, and places.
Instagram provides SEO advice for improving search visibility:
Choose a handle or profile name related to your content.
Include relevant keywords and locations in your bio.
Use relevant keywords and hashtags in your captions.
It's important to note that Instagram's ranking algorithms are complex and continuously evolving, and these details may not capture the full extent of how content is ranked. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, it's recommended to refer to Instagram's official resources and announcements.
Establishing your brand entity for SEO is crucial for improving your online visibility and rankings. Here is a 5-step guide to help you establish your brand entity:
- Define your brand identity:
- Clearly define your brand's mission, values, target audience, and unique selling proposition (USP).
- Develop a strong brand voice and tone that aligns with your brand identity.
- Create a brand style guide that includes your logo, colors, typography, and visual elements.
2. Build a user-friendly website:
- Ensure your website is mobile-friendly, loads quickly, and provides a seamless user experience.
- Optimize your website's structure and navigation to make it easy for users and search engines to understand.
- Implement clear and concise URLs, optimized title tags, meta descriptions, and header tags.
3. Create high-quality, relevant content:
- Develop a content strategy that aligns with your brand identity and target audience.
- Produce valuable and engaging content that addresses the needs and interests of your target audience.
- Optimize your content with relevant keywords, headings, and internal linking to improve its search engine visibility.
4. Build a strong online presence:
- Establish your presence on social media platforms that are relevant to your target audience.
- Engage with your audience on social media by sharing valuable content, responding to comments, and building relationships.
- Actively participate in industry forums, blogs, and communities to establish your brand as a thought leader.
5. Earn quality backlinks:
- Develop a link building strategy to earn high-quality backlinks from reputable and relevant websites.
- Create valuable content that other websites would naturally want to link to.
- Reach out to industry influencers, bloggers, and journalists to share your content and encourage them to link back to your website.
- Additionally, it's important to monitor your brand's online reputation and address any negative feedback or reviews promptly. Regularly analyze your SEO performance using tools like Google Analytics to identify areas for improvement and adjust your strategies accordingly.
- Remember, building a strong brand entity for SEO is an ongoing process that requires consistent effort, monitoring, and adaptation to stay ahead of the competition and improve your online visibility.