WordPress, an open-source platform has once started as a blogging tool, which allows users to create and publish blog posts online. But when we talk about it today, it has become one of the most powerful tools for creating a website or blog posts. Even, the top-most SEO India companies recommend website development under WordPress tool instead of many other tools as WordPress is Seo-friendly and easy to install.
The best SEO Agency in India also believes that WordPress is the simple and effortless CMS (content management system) that even a newbie or non-tech individual can operate with ease.
Getting sure knowledge about WordPress is preferable rather than relying only upon the Best SEO Agency in India. This guide is for the naïve user, who wants to know about WordPress and has an urge to start a WordPress account to take the business on the web.
Start by creating an account on WordPress
Before WordPress, website developers had to spend lots of time in creating a website, ensuring its compatibility in other many tools, and add extra efforts to prepare it SEO-friendly before the launch. Thanks to WordPress as it is one of the most flexible tools to use and easy to take into action.
• After creating an account, get your login credentials
• Make a blueprint of your website categories as these will work as contents for your website
• Now you need to create the list of WordPress pages you want to create. This stuff may include ‘About us’ or ‘contact us’ pages which have static contents.
• Include a site header and build the phrase that can make a catchy header to your website.
• Get ready with a plan and design a strategy for the content. For whatever topic you want to write, prepare a strategy to include everything on a blog or article.
• Also, integrate social media and search engine strategies to get enough traffic to your site.
Now, you are all set to create a WordPress page,
• Login to your WordPress account
• Have a look at the menu on the left side of your screen
• Select the menu “Pages”, and you will be on the list of pages if you have any past records. And if not, you can create a new page.
• Click on the “Add New” button to create a new WordPress page. After creating a new page, you will have an editor and settings for creating a new page as per your needs.
• Enter the title of the page and the below section is for permalinks which will be created automatically and will work as your page’s URL. Don’t forget to place good quality images that fit into the defined criteria.
• Now, start creating content for the page and also, find out images if you feel to place any.
• With the WordPress editor feature, you can have various editing options. It also offers the page’s word counts.
• Configure the appropriate fields and hit on the “publish” button or you can select the “save” button to save the page as a draft. If you select the “publish” button, it will be visible to everyone, but if you have selected the “save” button, it is saved as a draft and not visible to the public.
• For adding the new page to the existing menu, all you need to do is select the page from the history and add it to the menu button by clicking it.
• Don’t forget to press the “save” button before you leave the procedure.
• Now, visit the main page as a visitor to check on whether it is as per your expectations or not.
Find out the below screenshot to get a clear idea about creating a new page on WordPress.
Know the difference between WordPress pages and WordPress posts
Since both the terms, WordPress pages and posts are quite confusing, it would be better to have a clear insight into it. WordPress pages are often static, while WordPress posts is a dynamic entity that is displayed on the blog page. WordPress pages don’t have to publish data whereas, WordPress posts have a clear update date.
Posts can be easily categorised but pages can’t. WordPress posts have a predefined section which is called comments where readers can leave their opinions. On the other hand, WordPress pages don’t have any comment section.
Pages are not published regularly, whereas posts are published regularly on a site and displayed in the RSS feed of the blog.
Moreover, WordPress pages don’t support tags, see the examples of Contact pages, About us pages, and more. Do you find this guide helpful? We hope, you can communicate with your SEO Company India easily after clearing the concept about how to create WordPress pages and the difference between pages and posts.
Any burning questions? Ask us, if you have any.