Digital Marketing with Machine Learning
Here you can learn more about modern digital marketing
Machine learning is a very hot topic in the modern digital and knowledge-driven businesses. The demand for machine learning developers is increasing rapidly, resulting in the skyrocketing of machine learning developer salary in the marketplace.
Let’s explore the concept of machine learning, and the ways to use it in devising effective digital marketing for your business. We will also touch on successful companies using machine learning for digital marketing strategies, and how ML can make digital marketing more effective.
What Is Machine Learning?
Machine learning (ML) is the concept of making computers learn and make decisions from real-world observations and experiences, obtained through interactions and from the raw data fed through unstructured databases, without any real-time human interference and explicit, or rule-based, computer programming.
The main objective of the machine learning field is to make the computers work like human beings with sufficient artificial intelligence—to learn, decide, and act accordingly.
There are numerous examples of machine learning in our day-to-day lives and businesses, such as self-driven cars, chatbots, interactive design, speech recognition, face recognition, responsive web search systems, and much more.
ML is a part of artificial intelligence (AI), and it uses the machine learning algorithms to understand the real-world interaction patterns through sensors, or web interactions from a human being or even other machines. There are many machine learning tools commonly used in business, intelligence, and marketing strategies in the web environment.
Which Industries Use ML?
According to a MarketsandMarkets research report, the global market size of machine learning stood at $1.03 billion, and will grow at about a 44.1 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach $8.81 billion by 2022. The exponential expansion of big data is one of the major drivers in the machine learning growth. The major industries that use ML include:
- Digital Marketing in Business. Finding the target audience through traditional ways in the modern era of big data is just like looking for a needle in a haystack. Machine learning helps in finding the right audience for the right marketing of the product or service. What and how content should be presented to the audience is not known better than machine learning tools, based on the audience behavior and interaction patterns. Machine learning is embedded in responsive designs, to build a website that is able to create great user experience, and increase the conversion ratio through intelligent searches and content suggestions.
- Insurance and Financial Services. Financial institutions can easily assess the risk factors associated with their loans, and the people’s credibility. Meanwhile, the reaching out to the right prospective customer can also be done by modern machine learning tools. Machine learning can be useful in developing powerful brand awareness for different financial services, too.
- Healthcare. An extensive use of automated medical records, robotic surgery, and proper diagnostics of a patient—with the help of the past medical history analysis—is a very important use of machine learning in the healthcare domain. The scope of machine learning in healthcare is huge, especially in the domains of robotic surgery and disease diagnosis.
- Training and Education. The role of ML in training and education is very high. The development of auto-tutors, remote interactive learning, and learning analytics tools is a fundamental application in this domain. The modern teaching methods based on the modern apps and appliances are paving a strong way for the machine learning in the education and training sectors.
- Industrial Automation. The industrial automation has become so disruptive for manufacturing productivity. Newer types of automation processes are being tried in different industrial fields. The pharmaceutical, automotive, and heavy industries are already using the power of artificial intelligence in their process automation.
How Is Machine Learning Used in Digital Marketing?
Machine learning is extensively used in modern digital marketing in analyzing big data, creating meaningful content, and targeting the right audience. All these activities are done through different digital marketing strategies, such as:
- Analysis of Big Data. Many ML tools are used to dig into the large heaps of big data, and find out the useful information required for devising a good marketing strategy.
- Search Engine Optimization. ML helps in following the right path to increasing website ranking, without using any unlawful means. The SEO metrics change very fast, so the SEO strategies should also be positioned accordingly.
- Interactive Web Designing. Yes, this is also a part of digital marketing strategy. It helps to search and surface the right content for the visitor on the website, based on his/her interests, behavior, and choices. This creates a great user experience, and improves the business's bottom line.
- Pay Per Click Campaign. Machine learning helps to search and present the right content for PPC campaigns, that can get some fruitful results. The blink PPC campaign, without any business insight, is just a waste of time and money.
- Proper Use of Social Media Channels. Social media is one of the most powerful marketing channels for generating better business outcomes. The proper usage, based on the insight on the targeted audience and the quality of content, can increase the success of your digital marketing strategy.
Major Companies Using ML in Digital Marketing
Almost all multi-national social media, cloud, advertising, and eCommerce companies use the ML in their respective digital marketing strategies.
- Google. Google uses the most advanced features and capabilities of ML in searches, content management, content optimization, and many other strategies. It is one of the leading users of ML, in its wide range of products.
- Facebook. Facebook uses not only content searches and other features on its flagship platform, but also allows others to develop chatbots for their own digital marketing purposes. It is continually improving their services by using the power of machine learning.
- Pinterest. Pinterest uses an improved ML-based content discovery system, capable of better content search presentation. It uses ML in email churn reduction, spam moderation, advanced monetization, and other features.
- Yelp Image Curation. With the help of machine learning tools, Yelp curates images with suitable titles, tags, and other features, making them fully useful content. It helps the users to find the right place of their interest through meaningful images.
How to Create Awesome Marketing Strategy Through Machine Learning
Machine learning can help you create an awesome marketing strategy by using the majors of digital marketing. You can do this by either using numerous mass market marketing ML software tools, or creating in-house ML tools.
Here are some tips and tricks for creating a marketing strategy in machine learning on your own:
- Differentiate and segment the customers in categories.
- Optimize the content for different mediums, like email, web, articles, images and ads.
- Always use a dynamic pricing scheme in digital marketing strategies.
- Implement emotion assessment by analyzing speech recognition tools.
- Use natural language processing (NLP) in your chatbot apps to create a better user experience.
- Use the latest machine learning features, like text to speech and speech to text, in searches.
- Use automatic data visualization for better reporting of purposes.
- Use better content management tools.
- ML will grow at 44.1 percent CAGR for the next five years.
- ML is very critical in modern components of digital marketing strategy, like PPC, content management, SEO, social media, and others.
- Many big MMCs and companies use ML in their digital marketing strategies.
- You can follow a few easy steps to make your digital marketing strategy work great.