There's one aspect of Christmas that I absolutely love, and that is listening to Christmas music. Nothing is more than having upbeat, happy tunes that celebrate snow, Christmas, hot chocolate, walking in the streets, and looking through the shop windows and Noel.
Many songs are on my Christmas playlists, but I have a few favorites: a mix of classical and classic pop.
With Christmas less than a week away, if you want to add something to your Christmas playlist, here are my top ten.
1. An ionic jazz singer and music writer, Nat King Cole can sing you into a Christmas spirit. With his richly beautiful baritone sound, there is nothing like listening to Nat King Cole singing, "Oh Holy Night."
2. "Snow" from the classic movie "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby, Peggy Lee, Danny Kay, and Rosemary Clooney. This song is just amazing. For someone who doesn't see snow much, especially around Christmas (thanks global warming), I love to hear this song during Christmas. The words embody everything I would do if I had a snowy Christmas.
3. "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby is just a feel-good song. The majestic sounds of the orchestra playing in the background serenade a White Christmas is a must for a Christmas playlist. It takes me back to a time when life was simple.
4. "Do You Hear What I Hear" with Andy Williams. This song has just the right amount of dynamic beats. This song just makes you want to join in as a backup singer.
5. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" with Judy Garland. What could I say? It's Judy Garland. Listening to her voice singing this classic reflective piece is like having a warm Christmas blanket embracing me as I listen to her timeless voice. It's just so sincere. The song is poignant. It talks about having problems facing them, and then next year you'll have a better Christmas. Anyone can relate to this song year after year.
6. "Three Pieces From The Snowman Walking On Air" by George Winston This piece of piano is a mix of mystical poignancy with uplifting beats. It's beautiful background music to have on as you wrap Christmas gifts or do a few house chores; it's one of those songs that you could stop for a second to listen to and start reflecting on the year you've had or what you're going through.
7. "The Christmas Waltz" by Frank Sinatra. Oh, Frank, what can I say. To listen to Frank's velvety voice belts out an exceptionally magical Christmas song. This song encapsulates the joy and romance of Christmas. One of my favorite lines is in the beginning, frosted window panes with candles gleaming inside. Absolutely beautiful.
8. "Skating from Vince Guaraldi Trio: Charlie Brown Christmas" A timeless classic piano piece that flashes me back to Charlie Brown and his gang ice skating. Another one of those reflective pieces that you can listen to and just start reminiscing about wonderful family memories around the holidays.
9. "Christmas Canon by Tran-Siberian Orchestra" is a masterpiece of theatrical brilliance; this rock-pop orchestra puts a spin on the Christmas cannon from Johann Pachelbels Canon in D major. It's festive, it's captivating. If you enjoy listening to moving music, this is the one for you. It will really get you into the spirit.
10. "Here We Come A Caroling. We Wish You A Merry Christmas" by Perry Como's medley is the perfect recipe for the whimsical happy Merry Christmas song. All you will want to do is join in with Perry Cuomo and belt it out with him.
I hope you enjoyed my Christmas song playlist, I hope there's something that really lands for you enjoy the holidays everyone.
About the Creator
Loving Wife, Mom, Dog Mom- A Dyslexic dreamer who never thought I could read or write. But life changed, and I conquered my fears. I am an artist, photographer, wordsmith and illustrator. Looking to weave stories and poems with my artwork.
Excellent work. Looking forward to reading more!