The 5 Popular Auto Junk Scams to Watch out For
Things are made more difficult by the fact that these scam services go out of their way to find loopholes in any kind of auto junk information in order to exploit your ignorance to the fullest.
When it comes to a plethora of various car services, one thing is for sure. And that is the fact that as far as scams are concerned, there are many services out there who have honed the fine art of taking people for a ride for several years on end. This, in turn, has made it extremely difficult for most people out there to be able to tell the difference between the genuine services from the fake ones. Yes, as much of a bleak outcome as that may be, it is unfortunately true. As long as enough people out there are aware of this fact, there is always hope. Don’t ever forget that the main priority is always awareness in any form.
Knowing the worth of your car is not easy by any stretch. Not only does one require a thorough and comprehensive knowledge about the history of the car itself, but things are made more difficult by the fact that these scam services go out of their way to find loopholes in any kind of auto junk information in order to exploit your ignorance to the fullest.
So the real question that you need to ask is, how widespread are scams? This is a must, even if you are dealing with the best cash for cars service out there. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that most junkyards don’t have the best reputation, but one can always make sure that a good service is found. Now let’s take a look at the five most popular auto junk scams out there:
- The aspect of vague units: For most dishonest services out there, there will not bother to tell you the units they’re using. Regardless of whether they employ the metric ton or the pound, they will always find a way to avoid the question. Once you are aware, make sure that you double-check the units that they have to offer.
- Tow troubles: When you are finding out whether the tow charge is included in your cost, this is where trouble springs up at times. If you don’t ask, you could be in for a nasty surprise later on. When they come to take the vehicle away, make sure that the tow cost is not added to the fee that they have previously quoted. In a lot of cases, you can even end up being charged twice for the towing.
- All kinds of false incentives: Many services will go on a limb to sweeten the deal by offering you several non-cash incentives. If you are greeted by a barrage of them, this is the first sign that you should watch out. Even if they offer you coupons with a cheap going rate, it is more than likely that these coupons will end up being very restrictive. All in all, it is much better to avoid services that offer any kind of coupons altogether.
- Too much pressure: A renowned and well-known service should never pressure you into making a decision. Once that happens, that is enough of an indication that they are just desperate for your money rather than caring about the quality of the service and experience.
- Payment: In general, cash is usually the safest way to get paid. If you have been told that a third party will pay your money, be extremely wary. This is how most fraudulent services run away with the cash of others. If you’re not being paid at the point of handing your car over, it’s best to look for another service.
Sure, all of us want a good and simple deal. However, simply wanting one does not automatically means that it will fall into our laps. Nor will hiring the first supposedly credible service help matters either. One has to be careful not to make the mistake of taking things at face value and actually do the homework yourself. This is the most vital aspect that you need to remember.
Also, for every honest service that will make sure that you get the best deal, there are at least two to three scam services waiting to get their hands on your money for little to no effort. There have been more than enough studies out there outlining the fact that many cars that were previously put aside for scrap have been titled washed and resold. So make sure that you are well aware of all the important facts pertaining to cars before you take any decisions.