I first went into an Old Navy store when I was fourteen years old and in the eighth grade. I remember it so clearly because it was one of the most enjoyable days ever. My mom took me there and it was a fairly new store. I've been an Old Navy fan ever since. I even worked at Gap, their affiliate store, in high school. Most of my paycheck went back into the store with all the clothes I bought there with my employee discount. My closet currently is about 85% Old Navy apparel. Their pieces are timeless and for all ages. I'm a pretty simple late 30s aged mom; I don't go for fancy and expensive clothing. I have two kids, thus a leftover lower belly and curves. Their clothes, especially bottoms, are very flattering for my body type. My style is trendy comfortable, too. Nothing crazy and confining. With my Old Navy credit card and being a loyal, longtime shopper, I receive major reward certificates online. Their web site frequently has fantastic sales and promotions too. Check out RetailMeNot for online and store coupons and coupon codes. I love when their Stuff a Bag sale comes around too! Their clothes are usually true to size, comfortable, flattering, and come in great prints and colors. In the past several years, I have only returned one item I purchased online. All their items are top quality, wash well, and last for years.
Here are the top ten reasons why I still love Old Navy over twenty years later:
- Women's skinny rockstar jeans and pants: I have these in different shades of denim, including gray and even black dress pants. I LOVE them!
- Inexpensive and cute flip flops for women: You can't beat the price on these and the fantastic colors and prints. I've had mine for years after wearing them all summer long.
- Basic tank tops for women: Comfortable, inexpensive and great for layering.
- Basic tee shirts for ladies: Same as above, and they come in great colors like olive green and peach. Lots of styles too: crew, v-neck, flutter sleeve, etc.
- Cute workout clothes and sports bras: About six months ago, I purchased a bunch of new workout clothes for spin class. The compression pants, long sleeve tees, strappy tanks and strappy sports bras are wonderful! I love the cute prints, the comfort level and that the pants don't slouch down in the waist like other workout pants I've had. The styles and colors are very trendy yet they serve a purpose, too.
- Comfy women's leggings: I have a bunch of the exact same solid black leggings. A little on the thinner side, but durable.
- The best, most inexpensive women's dresses ever! From maxi dresses to shorter styles, Old Navy has the most varied selection for all seasons and sizes. Casual, beach wear, and business casual, there is always a full range of dresses. Their prices are unbelievable, too. I've purchased fancier dresses for special occasions also.
- Women's linen drawstring capri pants: I own these in a few different colors. They are very comfortable and flattering. I wear them all summer long.
- Cotton elastic waist drawstring shorts for women: I also own these in a few different colors. They are like a stonewashed color, but aren't denim. I especially love the olive green ones.
I wish I could shop on Old Navy's website weekly and visit the store almost as often. For the sake of being able to pay my mortgage and my daughter's preschool tuition, I unfortunately, can't do that. In the meantime, I will enjoy the clothes I have and continue to add items to my online shopping cart and then mark them "save for later." Hopefully, they will still be there later!