25 Things Every Woman Should Know
How to embrace who you are and raise your self-esteem
25 Things Every Woman Should Know
As women, we get a lot of advice in our lives. From our mothers, our friends, our partners and sometimes it's great, other times, it's eh... but all in all, there are at least 25 things every woman should know and once you know then, you can't unknow them.
As the old country song says, sometimes it’s hard to be a woman, but in this day and age, women are considered warriors, survivors, and they are powerful and respectful members of our community.
Gone are the days where we are tied to a man, a job we hate, or unable to vote or think for ourselves. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy men and being in a relationship, but often women spend a great deal of time and energy focused on the wrong things, the wrong people, or the wrong relationship.
Once a woman starts to focus that time and energy on herself, believe me, her life will begin to change.
1. You will never be happy with another person until you are happy with yourself.
2. No one can make you happy, you must be happy with yourself first.
3. No man can complete you. Life is not a Jerry Maguire movie.
4. You do not need to be in a relationship in order to be happy.
5. You are stronger than you think you are.
6. You are smarter than you give yourself credit for.
7. You are beautiful, powerful, and amazing.
8. You are capable.
9. You have what it takes to succeed.
10. Set your standards high and do not go beneath them.
11. Be a lady at all times.
12. Respect yourself, know your worth, and carry yourself with dignity.
13. Don’t walk around in public in your pajamas.
14. Learn how to change a tire, check your oil and tire pressure, and pump your own gas.
15. Learn how to color your own hair without going to a salon.
16. Stay away from toxic people and don’t be one yourself.
17. Have your own checking and savings account.
18. Never walk around with chipped fingernail polish! It looks tacky! Either repaint them or wipe it off.
19. Confidence is oh so sexy!
20. It’s okay to like sex.
21. No matter how tired you are, always wash your makeup off before you go to bed. Moisturize too!
22. If the people you hang out with are talking about others behind their backs, they are talking about you too.
23. Everyone goes crazy sometimes and that’s okay.
24. Be kind and radiate positive energy.
25. Hug your dog!
Ways to help improve your self-esteem
1. Remember you were born confident. You can’t remember how loud you screamed when the doctor hit your rear end in the delivery room but believe me, you did. You weren’t afraid to let it all hang out and tell the world, “Hey look at me! I’m here!” So, what’s stopping you now?
2. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Everyone is good at something and you are no different. Learn who you are, what makes you tick, what your story is. It might help to list five things you do well that you enjoy and five things you’d like to do well. Try something new and I’ll bet you’ll surprise yourself.
3. Expect yourself to be successful. It’s easy to fall into the mindset of defeat; we have all done it but try thinking positively and see how your day goes. Expect to get that new job, expect to arrive there on time, and expect to be happy. You may not always get what you want but thinking in a more positive way will exude confidence and that type of positive attitude can lead to success.
4. Pursue self-expansion. Learn how to do yoga or meditate. Radiate healing and light to others. Be kind.
5. Create a strong support system. Plan outings with your girlfriends, take vacations and shake things up a bit.
6. Help others. Nothing makes you feel better about yourself than being a service to other people.
7. Take a class. You’d be surprised at how good you will feel about yourself once you complete the course and get your certificate.
8. Make a list of all your positive qualities and talents. Come on, I know you have them! How about, warm, funny, caring, kind, friendly. What are your personal values and beliefs? Read the list, feel good, then read it again.
9. Learn to accept compliments. Hey, be kind, it’s you they are talking to so accept their praise and say thank you. Don’t ever shun a compliment by putting yourself down.
10. Write down a positive affirmation. Use this every morning when you wake up and say it to yourself. Example: I am a competent woman who is going to have an amazing day! ♥