The Unique Power of Uniforms in Sports
Uniforms are generally used mainly in schools, colleges for the students, in medical institutions, or hospitals
We use uniforms for the following reasons:
- To instill a sense of equality in schools and academic institutions amongst students.
- To bring about a sense of togetherness and team spirit in the members of sports teams.
- To ease the identification of workers in a specific organization or company.
Uniforms are used mainly in schools, colleges for the students, medical institutions or hospitals for the employees, construction companies and other industrial units for the workers, government-based organizations, etc. They are viewed as a matter of pride in defense forces, and police forces as well.
Types of Uniforms
The following are the different categories under which uniforms are distinguished.
There is a general category of uniforms that consists of pieces such as polos, T-shirts, singlets, jackets, shirts, hoodies, jumpers, jackets, knitwear, and vests.
Most of these pieces are used by students in academic institutions. You can order a bulk of uniform pieces, and get custom printings and embroidery on each one of them. These educational institutions usually have specific logos, and other information which they like to display. These data have to be printed on these uniform pieces. You can choose to either embroider the data onto the uniforms, or print them.
The prices that are involved in the embroidering process depend mainly on the type of clothing. The number of stitches that are made in order to make the complete embroidery is also taken into consideration. The colors of threads that are used in the embroidery also play an essential role in determining the price of the finished product. The capsize is also taken into consideration.
Uniforms in Sports
Sports teams have uniforms that define their sense of togetherness. There are a lot of factors that make uniforms prominent in sports. These include the following:
- Specific team uniforms make it easier for the audience to identify the members of specific teams, respectively.
- Uniforms bring about a sense of team spirit, and serve as an element of motivation for teams.
- The feeling of unity and adherence is one of the main things that determine the success of a group. Uniforms help with this aspect. They help the teams connect with the fans on a deeper level.
- Equality is as vital as unity in a group. When all the members of a team have the same uniform, it brings about a sense of equality. This also instills the idea that each and every member of the team has an equal amount of contribution to the performance of the team.
- While playing sports such as soccer, basketball, etc., uniforms help in identifying the members of the team while playing. This is mainly because these sports involve a lot of swift movements, during which recognizing the members of the group might get tricky. Thus, there are specific types of basketball uniforms, soccer uniforms, etc. that are designed for playing each respective sport.
- The logo of the group, the names of the players, their numbers, logos of the sponsors, etc. are printed on the uniforms, to let the audience know all these pieces of information.
The material of the uniforms that are used by members of the sports team is not the same as that of a school jersey. There are a lot of factors to be considered while choosing the right type of material for these sports jerseys. These materials usually have the following characteristics:
- Durability is very high, compared to regular uniforms.
- The absorption capacity is high, in order to keep the players comfortable while playing.
- The material should be able to cater a proper fit, so that the player feels confident.
- Most companies use polyester microfibers that help in absorbing sweat, as well as odor.
- The breathability of the material should be taken into consideration.
- It should be able to hold the colors of various prints used on the uniform pieces.
- The comfort of the uniform material should not compromise the quality and its ability to hold the heavy-duty stitches.