Top 10 reasons why thrift stores are great?
Love of thrift shopping
Top 10 reasons why thrift stores are great?
I have an addiction to Thrift because I love unique and different things that you can't find anywhere else. I love to find unique one-of-a- kind items that you can’t find at a regular retail store. I love vintage art, figurines, clothing, books, and vintage jewelry. I remember going to Screaming Mimi's when I was in high school. Screaming Mimi's is a vintage shop in the Soho area in New York City. My enthusiasm grew for thrift when I moved to Ocala Florida. There are four thrift stores in the Southwest Highway 200 Corridor going towards Belleview and Dunnellon. Divine Providence, the Sheriff's thrift store, Helping Hands, and Habitat for Humanity. I have found amazing unique items at a great price at these stores. Some stores have different price points but sell quality items.
The top 10 reasons why thrift stores are great are the following;
1. Thrift stores provide a creative outlet for people to express themselves. For example, in fashion amazing clothing can be found to create unique one-of-a-kind fashion. Where can you find the 1960s pair of pants and a 1980’s blouse? These two items can be paired to create an individual fashion look. Another example: Art is unique in its form to furnish homes and use it to create new art.
2. Thrift stores save the environment by allowing items to find a home and to get a second chance at life. These items are given a second chance for people to purchase and love these items in their homes.
It keeps clothing and other thrift items out of landfills. One man's junk is another man's treasure.
3. Thrift stores have their own Vibe, some may specialize in high-end fashion or rare vinyl records. Thrift stores sell quality items and gently used clothing for resale. Thrift store shoppers can really find great deals as they find items that have withstood previous use and are still good enough for resale.
4. Thrift stores sell children's clothing and toys. Children are always growing out of their clothes so it allows clients to purchase new children's clothing with minimal investment. Some great Collectibles can be found at the toy section such as plushies, video games, and jigsaw puzzles.
5. Thrift stores are great because you can shop at your leisure and not feel pressured by sales people or other Shoppers. You can take your time to scan through the items. I have spent hours looking through clothes. It is great because some have fitting rooms to try on items.
6. Thrift stores allow first-time home buyers or renter to purchase quality furniture and appliances for their home or apartment. You can find quality furniture that may need to be refinished or painted. Different eras or styles of furniture can be found for example mid-century style furniture which is popular and timeless.
7. Thrift stores allow the shopper to find anything from vintage small appliances to sporting goods. You can find amazing small treasures from small figurines to great books or at a low cost. The buyer can decide whether to keep it or resell it on sites like eBay, Etsy, or Poshmark.
8. Thrift stores provide jobs for workers or volunteer jobs for people searching to occupy their time. These employees get first dibs on the donated items that come in as a benefit on the job. Resellers are flipping items and creating an income for themselves. Therefore aiding in the thrift economy of the US.
9. The thrift store supports Charities that help the community they are in. Goodwill provides jobs and job training for individuals. Divine Providence helps teens and Ministries around the world. These are two examples of how thrift stores help their communities.
10.Thrift stores sell items so cheaply that people can buy items, use it for a while and then re- donate when they no longer have use for it. An example would be reading a book soon afterwards that can be re-donated. This creates an organized method of maintaining the home so you don't acquire too much stuff. You may not need any more.
In summary, thrift stores are great because there are no other places where you are able to find unique one of a kind treasures. Every time a shopper enters a thrift store it is a shopping adventure as the shopper hunts for those rare treasures. Shopping thrift helps the shopper but also helps the community and the environment at the same time. It's a way of shopping that is eco-friendly and helps create jobs in the local community.